Saint Luke's College of Health Sciences - Kansas CityRegister Today!
- by MichaelaR27 Mar 4, '12Hey! Has anyone applied to St. Luke's in Kansas City for the Fall of 2012? If so, do you know when we should be recieveing our acceptance letters?
- Mar 5, '12 by jenbinghamQuote from MichaelaR27I emailed them and they said they would mail out the letters by the second week of March. So, by the end of next week. Can't wait to find out!Hey! Has anyone applied to St. Luke's in Kansas City for the Fall of 2012? If so, do you know when we should be recieveing our acceptance letters?
- Mar 6, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to MO Nursing Programs for more of a response.
- Mar 15, '12 by SbrickerI applied for the Fall 2012 semester and recieved a call 2 days ago that I was accepted! THey said they also send out letters and should be here within the week! Have you heard anything?? Good luck!!
- Mar 20, '12 by MichaelaR27YES! I got in as well! I went today to give them my acceptance fee and look around the school. The simulation area is awesome! Have you seen it? I'm excited. Maybe well have class together? What school are you attending now?
- Apr 10, '12 by Soon2BNurse88Congrats to you both!!! I just thought I share my excitement with you because I was accepted too!!! Soo looking forward to this fall because it's been a long time coming!!
- Apr 23, '12 by MichaelaR27Congratulations! Did you get enrolled today?
- Apr 30, '12 by Soon2BNurse88Thanks!! and yes I did!!
- Jul 28, '12 by keizie05Quote from MichaelaR27How's your classes so far? Do you like it a lot? Do you have very good professors? Also, when you applied what is your gpa if you don't mind me asking. I am currently applying for the spring 2013 and hoping that I will get accepted. Thank you!Hey! Has anyone applied to St. Luke's in Kansas City for the Fall of 2012? If so, do you know when we should be recieveing our acceptance letters? Good luck!
- Jul 28, '12 by MichaelaR27Hi keizie. We actually do not start classes until August 13... so we have a couple of weeks left. We have orientation on Wednesday, so I'm excited to find out some more about the school and what to expect.
So far, the faculty seems very nice and willing to help, but there are a few things that seem very foreign to me. I finished my prereqs at JCCC in Overland Park, and it was a much larger campus with a much larger student body. I am STILL in the process of having my Financial aid processed for SLC which just makes me feel very behind. JCCC usually has it processed and you know what to expect by June. I guess it's because their are so many students. Also, at SLC you must buy your books through KUMED bookstore, which makes things a little complicated. I can let you know more after Wednesday.
When I applied, I had a 3.96 overall GPA (Dang you College Algebra ) and a 4.0 in Science prereqs. I also had my CNA, CPR and First Aid certifications. Although those are not requirements, I am sure they didn't hurt. I did not have to submit an entrance exam test score (TEAS, etc) for admissions but I believe starting in the Spring you will have to. I did take the TEAS V for another program I applied to and I believe my score was around a 78.
Good luck to you, and I will let you know more when I actually start the program in a couple of weeks.