Acceptance into Maryville Univ.Register Today!
- by carlarenee02 Feb 17, '10Hello all
Wanted to say i just got my acceptance letter for Fall 2010 into Maryville University in St. Louis. I wanted to get info from others who have attended Maryville Nursing Program. I have taken most of my pre-req at Maryville. I really liked it.
- Feb 17, '10 by L&DWannabeCongrats! I just got my letter too! Yay! Now we're official!
- Got my letter to for Fall 2010. I was kind of surprised as my advisor said I wouldn't know until the end of March. It was a good surprise though!!!
- Feb 22, '10 by carlarenee02Congratulations.......
Will you be in the evening/wkend program also?
- Yes, weekend and evening. Have done all my pre-reqs there, what about you? Taking statistics and a&pII right now.
- Feb 22, '10 by carlarenee02Last Dec. I finished all prereq. I am so glad. I had micro at Maryville, loved it. I had Anatomy I at St. Charles CC and Anat II at Maryville. Enjoyed it there also. Do you work in healthcare?
I am currently looking for job in healthcare. I am Med. Asst by training.
- Lucky you having some time off. I have been going year round since May 2008. Not healthcare per say, I am in the benefits/insurance industry and have been for almost 18 years. I did work as a nurse assitant and transporter a long time ago, 89-91 at Mo. Bap. Worked at St. Johns as a PCA for a few months in 2006 but couldn't do it financially although I loved, loved the job. I have taken all my classes at Maryville with the exception of one english class at STCC. I wasn't sure if I would make it in this year or not just because it is so competitive but I did keep my GPA up and have quite a few Maryville credits so I am sure that helped. Should be a good group for the Fall, I take classes with quite a few that have made it and I really like them all.
- Feb 23, '10 by carlarenee02I am currently looking for job in healthcare field, many people out there looking for jobs also, pretty competitive. I also am going to look at various scholarships available. I don't want to take out a loan if i can help it. I am single so unless i find a job, nursing prog may have to be put on hold, i am praying...
- Feb 23, '10 by mmgirlsmomHave you applied to the PCA positions they in the hospitals. Alot of the have training programs in house. You might have to apply several times and it could take a bit for them to get back to you but it can't hurt.