Hi all... I'll be a BSN student at Alcorn in Natchez in the fall.Register Today!
- by MS Kathy May 21, '05I'm actually from Vicksburg.
- May 22, '05 by NurseKay2006Hi Kathy,
Finally someone who is going to Alcorn in the fall too. I will be going into the ADN program this upcoming fall. I am from Natchez.
Will you be staying on campus or do you plan on driving everyday?
Congrats on your acceptance! :hatparty:
- May 22, '05 by MS Kathy
My kids are in school here and my family is here to help take care of them when they aren't in school. I hear that clinicals have the possibility of being in Jackson or Vicksburg. I am eagerly waiting to hear about the actual schedule though for first semester- I desperately hope it is crammed all together in the morning and early afternoon and not spread through the day with hours worth of breaks in between.
- May 22, '05 by NurseKay2006Yes cliniclas are in Jackson, Brookhaven, and Vicksburg. I have a fall schedule right here and I can tell you how the BSN classes will run.
Pharmacology Thursday 10-12
Nursing Infromatics I Thursday 8-10
Therapeutic Communications Thursday 1-3 or Friday 1-3
Concepts Basic to Nursing Tuesday 8-12
Health Assessment Monday 8:30-11:30
Health Assessment Lab Wed. 12-3 or 8:15-11:15 or Friday 8:15-11:15 or 12-3
I hope this helps
- May 23, '05 by MS KathyI don't even have a class listing or anything! I so hope I can work it to only going down there 4 days/week first semester
My biggest worry at this point is making sure my kids are covered between the 4 of them- they'll be in 3 different places and it makes it a lot less expensive for me if I can be there when school gets out. :-) but I also have to consider the 1 hour drive on each side.
- Jun 9, '05 by SerenydHi Kay and Kathy. Just wanted to say congrats on getting into nursing school. I just graduated from Alcorn SON this may, so let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you out in any way!
By the way - we did our peds clinical in jackson at UMC, our psych rotation at river region in vicksburg and the rest at natchez regional and community hospitals in natchez. Also, hate to be neg. but don't get too attached to that schedule, they do a lot of switching around of days and times of classes/clinicals at the beginning of the semester.
Best of Luck
- Jan 17, '06 by bakruberHello Kathy, Kay, and Seren
I am new to this forum and would like to say hello to all of you. I am a nurse at Community in the Emergency Dept. If I can be of any help to you, please let me know. I enjoy precepting students and feel that the ED is great for practical skills and clinical assessments. It is often the front door to a hospital, in that it is where the majority of admissions come from.
I work days in the typical 12 hour shifts that are common to both Natchez hospitals. Please stop by and say hello. I would love to meet you all.
- Jan 19, '06 by mannaCongrats! Good luck with school.