Question about Minnesota schoolsRegister Today!
- by coffeedream Sep 8, '08Did people usually apply to several nursing programs or one school? Do other schools care if you apply to several? I am taking pre-nursing classes as MCTC, but since it may be hard to get in the program I may apply to other schools.
Also, if anyone did the MCTC nursing pathway program, what did you think of it?
- Sep 9, '08 by bikelolaHello!
I would definitely apply to as many as you can...and as many as you can keep track of! I applied to two programs at St. Kate's and to MCTC. I considered applying to other community colleges, as well as programs outside of the metro, but decided to leave that as a last resort. Programs have gotten so incredibly competitive; I imagine that your chances of getting accepted will be greater if you apply to as many schools as possible.
Hope that helps!
- Sep 9, '08 by tdrynelleI only applied to one (which was a post-bac BSN program), because it was the only one I really wanted (luckily, I got in). I had a friend who applied to both the post-bac BSN program (which she really wanted) and an ADN program (as a backup, just in case). Luckily, she got accepted by both.
I think the general thought is apply to all you qualify for. When you get the acceptance letter from the school, they usually give you a week or two to accept or decline their offer so at that point you can pick which one you want the most.
- Sep 9, '08 by bikelolaOut of curiosity, what post-bac BSN did you get accepted into? What do you think so far?
- Sep 10, '08 by tdrynelleI'm in Metro State's post-bac BSN program. However, we're the last class for this program. Sadly, they are converting it to an MSN program.
- Sep 10, '08 by coffeedreamThanks everyone. I will apply to many when the time is right.
- Sep 10, '08 by tdrynelleBest of luck!
- Sep 11, '08 by casiI applied to the U of MN and Century College. Thankfully I got into one. If I hadn't gotten into one my plans were to take another year worth of pre-reqs and apply to even more programs.
- Sep 11, '08 by Cari001Quote from casiI applied to the U of MN and Century College. Thankfully I got into one. If I hadn't gotten into one my plans were to take another year worth of pre-reqs and apply to even more programs.
Hi Casi!: Do you happen to know how competative Century College is and if they have a long waiting list? Thanks a lot for any information.