New Grad to begin at Mayo in OctoberRegister Today!
- by hintzk83 Jun 25, '12Hello!
I am a recent graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and I just accepted a position in the Gynecology Surgery unit at Rochester Methodist. I will be starting on October 22 and will be moving there alone. If anyone else is a new grad starting at Mayo please feel free to comment and hopefully we can make some connections before beginning our careers!!
- 2,480 Views
- Jul 3, '12 by MinnRN926I am not a new grad (one year experience), but will be moving there at the end of August to start work Sept 10 at St. Mary's . I'm moving from Illinois. I did the Summer III program at Mayo in summer 2010, so am somewhat familiar with the area. Send me a message if you want, it would be nice to get to know a few people!
- Jul 11, '12 by hintzk83Great! Let me know how you're liking it so far after you begin! Maybe we can connect in the future :O)
- Jul 27, '12 by RNerd81It will be great to have you both! I did the Summer III program back in 2004 and have been at Mayo for 7 years now (hard to believe). If I can be of any assistance, let me know. (Mayo does a great job of helping new employees settle in...be sure to get plugged in to the Work/Life Connectedness program on your floors).
- Jul 27, '12 by hintzk83Thanks for the reply! Right now I am trying to find temporary housing for October 15-mid November, since relocation assistance gets reimbursed after I start working, I cannot afford a deposit and first months rent yet. If you have any information like that I would be forever grateful! I will be making a trip to Rochester the week of August 13 to do my pre-employment physical and look for housing. I cannot wait to start!
- Jul 29, '12 by RNerd81@hintzk83 Just off the top of my head, I know there are a couple of extended-stay hotels here in Rochester, so if you just need about a month of residence, they might be a good bet. One is Extended Stay America and the other is Value Inn. I think they both have monthly rates. There are certainly other places to rent here, but I don't know where they fall as far as security deposits, first month's rent, contracts, etc.
- Oct 30, '12 by SinmanI am hoping to move soon =P. I graduate in December and have already been applying for jobs in Rochester. No luck so far but I am determined to not give up. I would love to hear about your orientation experience and hiring experience