New Grad to begin at Mayo in OctoberRegister Today!
This is a discussion on New Grad to begin at Mayo in October in Minnesota Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hello! I am a recent graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and I just accepted a...by hintzk83 Jun 25, '12Hello!
I am a recent graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and I just accepted a position in the Gynecology Surgery unit at Rochester Methodist. I will be starting on October 22 and will be moving there alone. If anyone else is a new grad starting at Mayo please feel free to comment and hopefully we can make some connections before beginning our careers!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=748955©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,959 Views
- Jul 3, '12 by almostRN88I am not a new grad (one year experience), but will be moving there at the end of August to start work Sept 10 at St. Mary's . I'm moving from Illinois. I did the Summer III program at Mayo in summer 2010, so am somewhat familiar with the area. Send me a message if you want, it would be nice to get to know a few people!
- Jul 11, '12 by hintzk83Great! Let me know how you're liking it so far after you begin! Maybe we can connect in the future :O)
- Jul 27, '12 by RNerd81It will be great to have you both! I did the Summer III program back in 2004 and have been at Mayo for 7 years now (hard to believe). If I can be of any assistance, let me know. (Mayo does a great job of helping new employees settle in...be sure to get plugged in to the Work/Life Connectedness program on your floors).
- Jul 27, '12 by hintzk83Thanks for the reply! Right now I am trying to find temporary housing for October 15-mid November, since relocation assistance gets reimbursed after I start working, I cannot afford a deposit and first months rent yet. If you have any information like that I would be forever grateful! I will be making a trip to Rochester the week of August 13 to do my pre-employment physical and look for housing. I cannot wait to start!
- Jul 29, '12 by RNerd81@hintzk83 Just off the top of my head, I know there are a couple of extended-stay hotels here in Rochester, so if you just need about a month of residence, they might be a good bet. One is Extended Stay America and the other is Value Inn. I think they both have monthly rates. There are certainly other places to rent here, but I don't know where they fall as far as security deposits, first month's rent, contracts, etc.
- Oct 30, '12 by SinmanI am hoping to move soon =P. I graduate in December and have already been applying for jobs in Rochester. No luck so far but I am determined to not give up. I would love to hear about your orientation experience and hiring experience