New Grad to begin at Mayo in October
- 0Jun 25, '12 by hintzk83Hello!
I am a recent graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and I just accepted a position in the Gynecology Surgery unit at Rochester Methodist. I will be starting on October 22 and will be moving there alone. If anyone else is a new grad starting at Mayo please feel free to comment and hopefully we can make some connections before beginning our careers!!
- 2,687 Visits
- 0Jul 3, '12 by MinnRN926I am not a new grad (one year experience), but will be moving there at the end of August to start work Sept 10 at St. Mary's . I'm moving from Illinois. I did the Summer III program at Mayo in summer 2010, so am somewhat familiar with the area. Send me a message if you want, it would be nice to get to know a few people!
- 1Jul 27, '12 by RNerd81It will be great to have you both! I did the Summer III program back in 2004 and have been at Mayo for 7 years now (hard to believe). If I can be of any assistance, let me know. (Mayo does a great job of helping new employees settle in...be sure to get plugged in to the Work/Life Connectedness program on your floors).
- 0Jul 27, '12 by hintzk83Thanks for the reply! Right now I am trying to find temporary housing for October 15-mid November, since relocation assistance gets reimbursed after I start working, I cannot afford a deposit and first months rent yet. If you have any information like that I would be forever grateful! I will be making a trip to Rochester the week of August 13 to do my pre-employment physical and look for housing. I cannot wait to start!
- 0Jul 29, '12 by RNerd81@hintzk83 Just off the top of my head, I know there are a couple of extended-stay hotels here in Rochester, so if you just need about a month of residence, they might be a good bet. One is Extended Stay America and the other is Value Inn. I think they both have monthly rates. There are certainly other places to rent here, but I don't know where they fall as far as security deposits, first month's rent, contracts, etc.