Need Help! Testing out of CNA Course in MN? - page 2
by Cari001 | 26,610 Views | 26 Comments
Hey guys, Does anyone know if it's possible to just take the CNA Exam without completing the course? I've heard that it's possible to do at a Tech college, but I don't know if it would be a good idea. I feel like if I bought... Read More
- 0May 12, '09 by ncck1985Hey there,
I am looking to test out of Nursing Assistant classes. I went to the Pearson Vue website and am very confused as to who is able to test out. How did you go about it? I really just don't understand the steps or who is eligable for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated
- 0Jul 30, '09 by LMT7018I know this is a couple months after the orginal post. But I was just wondering if anyone knew if there are any testing sites in the Metro? I have taken my NA class 2 years ago, but its just about to expire, so I am going to have to retest my way onto the registry. I just don't know where the testing sites are and if there is a better place to test compared to others. Thank you.
- 0Aug 20, '09 by bitter_sweet, RNHi LMT7018:
I know that MCTC in downtown Mpls is a testing site. I am scheduled to take my NATO written and skills test there on August 26th. I am not sure of any other testing sites.
However, if you go to the Dept of Health's website (http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/f...iningsites.cfm) and type in a zip code, you will get a list of NA programs and testing sites for that area.
Hope that helps!
- 0Aug 26, '09 by bitter_sweet, RNJust an update-
I passed both the written and skills portion of the NATO examination. I did not take a class, but I did use several youtube videos and the MN candidate handbook. The videos really helped for the skills portion of the NATO.
Here's the youtube link if anyone is interested:
- 0Aug 26, '09 by bikelolaCongrats bitter_sweet! Yay!!!! I'm really happy that you have that monkey off your back. How's the Master's project?
I am doing the Mpls site for the Red Cross...it's close to our neighborhood, so it works. I could technically do the test-out too, but I've decided to take the class again, since I really want to work as a CNA when I'm done. I feel like having done the class again recently will work in my favor. Or, at least I hope so!