Need Help! Testing out of CNA Course in MN? - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 12, '09 by kirchnerfamilyThat is what I said. And Pearson vue is correct!!! I took it at inver and I was on the registry within a week after taking the test. I have the exact same license as other CNAs.
- May 12, '09 by ncck1985Hey there,
I am looking to test out of Nursing Assistant classes. I went to the Pearson Vue website and am very confused as to who is able to test out. How did you go about it? I really just don't understand the steps or who is eligable for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated
- May 12, '09 by ncck1985Also I wanted to know if it's harder to find a job if you just test out instead of taking the actual courses.
- May 18, '09 by BusiaAt my MN tech they do not allow test outs for the CNA course.
- Jul 30, '09 by LMT7018I know this is a couple months after the orginal post. But I was just wondering if anyone knew if there are any testing sites in the Metro? I have taken my NA class 2 years ago, but its just about to expire, so I am going to have to retest my way onto the registry. I just don't know where the testing sites are and if there is a better place to test compared to others. Thank you.
- Aug 20, '09 by bitter_sweetHi LMT7018:
I know that MCTC in downtown Mpls is a testing site. I am scheduled to take my NATO written and skills test there on August 26th. I am not sure of any other testing sites.
However, if you go to the Dept of Health's website (http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/f...iningsites.cfm) and type in a zip code, you will get a list of NA programs and testing sites for that area.
Hope that helps!
- Aug 25, '09 by bikelolaGood luck with your test out bitter_sweet! I'm taking the evening class through the Red Cross, starting 9/14.
- Aug 26, '09 by cikatiesnbikelola,
which site are you taking your class? I took mine through the red cross at the st. paul site. Great class and really glad that I took the class instead of just trying to test out.
- Aug 26, '09 by bitter_sweetJust an update-
I passed both the written and skills portion of the NATO examination. I did not take a class, but I did use several youtube videos and the MN candidate handbook. The videos really helped for the skills portion of the NATO.
Here's the youtube link if anyone is interested:
- Aug 26, '09 by bikelolaCongrats bitter_sweet! Yay!!!! I'm really happy that you have that monkey off your back. How's the Master's project?
I am doing the Mpls site for the Red Cross...it's close to our neighborhood, so it works. I could technically do the test-out too, but I've decided to take the class again, since I really want to work as a CNA when I'm done. I feel like having done the class again recently will work in my favor. Or, at least I hope so!