Mayo Summer III 2013 - Page 13Register Today!
- Feb 1 by Jani28I was a little confused by the envelope portion as well. Ill be on the lookout for the FB page tool! It will be excited to see where we are all placed! I plan on staying in the housing that they offer.Last edit by Jani28 on Feb 1
- Feb 1 by Jani28I am excited!! I put the OR/Surgery as my first choice!
- I'm having trouble making a group page! It won't let me unless I add a friend to the group as I'm making it.
- Feb 1 by studentpuut56Add me! facebook.com/parrotpuutLast edit by Esme12 on Feb 2 : Reason: TOS/hot link removed
- Done! I'll post the FB group link soon!
- Feb 7 by hbaird140I just got my acceptance letter a few days ago! I'd love to get to know some of the other people who will be there before the program starts!
- Feb 7 by GrnTeaGo to the yellow band at the top of this page, choose "US" and then go to the state you're in. (I know the Mayo mother ship is in MN but there are others around the country.) You have a better chance of finding people who would know the answer there.
- Feb 7 by dahl0877Hey all!
Congrats to everyone who got in!! I'm also in the program too and super excited for this summer! I know people posted some of their credentials, so I'll post mine too. My GPA's about 3.56 or so... (don't remember it off the top of my head). I've also volunteered w/ Mayo for the past year and a half, I'm involved in student groups (NSNA, etc.), and I work with youth in my local community church. I haven't had any hospital/clinical experience besides clinical and helping out as a health officer for a couple of weeks at a summer camp. I know from the past that Mayo has put a lot of weight on volunteer and involvement in both the school and community. I also have a feeling they put a lot of emphasis on the essays....this is why I have that feeling --> I live near Rochester and actually had a chance to sit down with someone from HR at Mayo back in late November/early December to talk about Summer III and other PCA positions/job opportunities. I know that they did the essay process slightly different this year from years past. In the past they only had one person read the essays, this year they had multiple people (nurse managers, supervisors, etc.) read the essays (I think it was between 3 and 4 people read each essay). Each reader scored the essays and then you got the average of the scores. I hope this provides some info for you all!