Mayo Summer III 2013 - Page 12Register Today!
- Feb 1 by carameansfaceeHi all!
I just received my acceptance into the Mayo Clinic Nursing III Externship program for the Summer of '13! I was wondering, could any of the past externs give me a little heads up as to what to expect? What to bring? What to prep for before the externship begins?
Also... anyone else who got in, I'd love to hear from you!
- Feb 1 by Jani28I got in too!! Was completely dumbfounded. The nursing school that I attend has dual enrollment with another university where I took my gen eds. My GPA for nursing school was only a 3.44 and for the university a 3.735. They did not weigh as heavily on GPA as I thought they would. I do have quite a bit of volunteer service and have worked as a home health aide and cna. I had a reference from our nursing program director and one of my clinical instructors. I put a lot of time into my essays, and wrote an extensive cover letter. I'm sorry for those that did not get in, I wish that we could have all made it. I hope that you all have a great summer!!
- Feb 1 by lee1234I got in! I wonder how soon we will find out where we are placed. I was picky when selecting my interest for the different units. Where is everyone hoping for?
- Feb 1 by meghansn@lee1234
I don't remember which document it was in, but I believe we will get our placements in early April. I put down L&D as my top choice and also ranked NICU pretty highly! I will honestly take anything though--it's Mayo! Congratulations on getting in--can't wait to meet everyone in June!
- Feb 1 by stb10I got placed on the alternate list. I wonder what the odds of me still getting an offer? Was anybody else placed on the alternate list?
- Feb 1 by studentpuut56Congrats to everyone who got in! Do you guys know if we're supposed to be getting a packet in the mail? They said to put the confirmation letter in a certain envelope...but of course there's no envelope with the email...I know they did for prior years but I don't know if everything is the same this year.
- Feb 1 by studentpuut56That'd be wonderful!
- Feb 1 by lee1234A facebook page would be nice. I'll be on the look out for it!
- Feb 1 by linds1I got in!! I'm so excited! Just let me know the name of the FB group!