OU ABSN Interviews for May 2011 CohortRegister Today!
- by bronzemint23 Jul 12, '10Hi guys! Interviews started today for the May 2011 cohort, and I think I was one of the first few to interview. I know we can't talk about specific questions that were asked during the interview, but I just wanted to see if anyone would like to share their reactions/experience here.
I personally felt pretty good, I did get one "I love your answer!" so that made me feel a little more secure since I felt like I stumbled on this one other question. I did feel a little rushed since they told me the interview would be super short right in the beginning (did anyone else feel that way?) I didn't get a clear answer on where we will be having clinicals/classes though....
I'm sure it will be another month after interviews end until we all get mailed acceptance letters.
Any thoughts you would like to share?.....
- Jul 14, '10 by bronzemint23seriously? am i the only one that's interviewed for this cohort so far... lol
- Jul 19, '10 by dandy7778Hi there,
I am interviewing next week and am really nervous / excited.
Keep in touch - we can play the waiting game together!
- Jul 19, '10 by bronzemint23sounds great! good luck on the interview!
- Jul 24, '10 by blk2b1gI interviewed and felt rushed also. I just did not feel like it was enough time for them to make a decision. Based on others I have spoken to, I was prepared for a much longer and intense interview. The pressure to get my point across quickly made me nervous and I don't feel very good about it. We shall see!
- Jul 27, '10 by bronzemint23i completely understand. especially since i was told right in the beginning that i have 10 minutes, and that made my nervousness set in! i've heard of people having 1/2 hour interviews in the past....
- Jul 29, '10 by nrsstudent2010How many people were interviewing you all? I had one. Also, did the person write down a lot of what you were saying? Just wondering!
- Jul 29, '10 by dandy7778I had two interviewers and it went smooth. I am crossing my fingers and hoping. I didn't notice them taking notes but they did have a file they were referencing. They asked about things in my essay and the basics of why I want to be a nurse.
The last of the interviews wrapped up today...so I don't think we will wait that much longer to find out yay or nay! I wish everyone the best of luck...
- Jul 29, '10 by blk2b1gThanks for the info. I expected the interviews to go on for a couple more weeks. I interviewed with one person and it was pretty brief and I didn't notice much writing. I wish everyone the best of luck!! Please post if you hear any news!!
- Aug 2, '10 by bronzemint23I had 2 people as well. They said that had just read my essay so I figured that's why they weren't referring to any folders...? They also weren't taking any notes... But I think I did ok. If there were differnet interviewers then maybe that explains the different styles of interviewing so notes or not, I think you'll just have to base it in how well you think you answered the questions and also whether you feel like you made yourself stand out.