Macomb Community College - 2012 HESI - page 26
by jeberger2007 | 83,682 Views | 527 Comments
Well, another year means another time for more score updates. I am getting ready to take my HESI in a couple weeks to apply for the 2012 Nursing Program and I must say I am really beginning to get nervous! Thanks to their recent... Read More
- 0Apr 23, '12 by ajurzakQuote from rchlit all depends on the year. There may be people who dont put down the deposit and attend the meeting, so that opens spots. then if people drop out, thats more.Does anyone know how many alternates they usually go through? I'm #29 and still trying to remain hopeful.
- 0Apr 23, '12 by shelbyjoshQuote from rchlI am 37 so I feel your pain! If people fail to show up for the meeting or don't pay the deposit that works to our benefit. They will get my $100 in a heartbeat!Does anyone know how many alternates they usually go through? I'm #29 and still trying to remain hopeful.
- 0rnstudenthpfl, The letter I received said nothing about paying the $100 as an alternate. I can only assume if I was accepted, THEN I would have to pay. I'm hoping that after the 30th some spots will become available from those who didn't pay or choose to decline their spot. Thanks for the quick response and the positive comment!Last edit by KatieLynn88 on Apr 23, '12
- 0kc0320, MCC will not even look at taking alternates until after the selective admissions fee is due for the nursing program (anyone who didn't pay would obviously be considered to have denied their spot). That date isn't until April 30th, so waiting until Wednesday or Thursday would make no difference. I read on here that last year before the meeting, MCC had already accepted 10 of the alternates based on others not paying their $100). Hopefully this is true and you and I are still in the running!
- 0Apr 23, '12 by su85Oh boy my letter still hasn't come. I am still hopeful I got in. I wonder if I can call the school and see. I am mostly worried about getting them the deposit on time,if I got in. Because of the mail being forwarded it seems like its taking an extra couple days. i feel silly calling in case I didn't make it, but if I did I just want to pay the deposit.
- 1su85, You didn't get your letter yet? The letter I received as an alternate says the meeting is May 16, from 12:30-3:30 and to expect to be there for all 3 hours. The deposit is due the 30th of April...They should have no problem telling you if you made it in or not! I'd call and find out!
- 1Apr 23, '12 by soreadyforthissu85, I am positive you got in a friend of mine is an alternate and had a 3.8 and 82 and she is one of the top ten on the waiting list also, I got in with a 3.7 and 90. Just go to them and tell them you haven't gotten a letter yet and want to pay your fee. Our meeting is May 16 and is from 8-11:30 and they said we will be there the whole time.