I was accepted to WCCCD Spring 2012 RN Nursing Program. Any, How to Prepare Advice?Register Today!
- by rbrandnew Aug 30, '11So, what happens next? Any advice? What should I brush up on? What books should I read now, while waiting for the program to begin? Uniforms/equipment requirements? Medical/insurance requirement? Which hospitals/facility offer clinicials? Anything you know now, that you wish you knew before you started the program? I realize that there will be an orientation, but any advice from the student's perspective would be invaluable. Thank you in advance for your time.
- Aug 31, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to MI Nursing Programs Discussion for better response.
- Sep 1, '11 by rbrandnewO.K. "Well, I'll do it myself said the Little Red Hen!" I have decided to use this thread as a count down to my first day of nursing school.
- Sep 1, '11 by rbrandnewAugust 31, 2011- Hand delivered my confirmation acceptance card to the nursing department.
September 1, 2011- Purchased via online: Test Success: Test-Taking Techniques for Beginning Nursing Students P. Nuget & Vitale, 5th Edition.
Found and reviewed related, helpful Youtube link: http://youtu.be/cUoE4e1j0qI
Registered for: Basic Life Support (CPR) Training/Healthcare Provider Course of the American Heart Association.
- Sep 2, '11 by rbrandnewSeptember 2, 2011- Started memorizing Florence Nightingale Pledge.
- Sep 4, '11 by rbrandnewSeptember 4, 2011-
Reviewed previous WCCCD nursing student's thread and noticed a disturbing trend. On average approximately only 30-40% of the accepted students graduate from the program.
Looked up WCCCD Nursing Curriculum and rented or purchased (inexpensive ones) first semester books. My goal is to stay a semester ahead of my classes. (Don't fall behind, you don't have to catch up and fast track, becomes a breeze)
I found and reviewed-http://youtu.be/lVj3wXGuO_g
Looked up Universities in Michigan that offer Nurse Practitioner Career Path degrees.
Out of curiosity:
Researched ten panel drug screen test.Last edit by rbrandnew on Sep 4, '11
- Sep 7, '11 by rbrandnewSeptember 6, 2011-Scheduled an appointment for my health tests.
September 7, 2011-Watched some NCLEX study videos on Youtube.
- Sep 7, '11 by rbrandnewSeptember 7, 2011-Received, 'Test Success: Test-Taking Techniques for Beginning Nursing Students' book via UPS delivery. Started reading Chapter One.
- Sep 8, '11 by rbrandnewSeptember 7, 2011-Took Exam 1 from 'Test Success-Test-Taking Techniques for Beginning Nursing Students' and scored 76% on first try prior to any review of the material.
September 8, 2011-Found, reviewed and studied, a couple of really good Medical Terminology Youtube videos: