Just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me. I am interested in the LPN program at Schoolcraft! I will need to do all the pre-reqs first. A little backround I have been a stay at home mom for 10 yrs with 3 kids, and my youngest is 2, so I would like to go back to school slowly. I have to go back slowly for a few reasons.
1. Cost (I have to pay for classes 1 by 1), can't get financial aid!
2. Childcare for the 2 year old, Hubby works alot & I don't have anybody to watch the 2yr old during the day, so my classes will have to be taken at night! (my other 2 kids are in school)
3. I have a few years to get it all done (pre-reqs) until my 2 yr old goes to school full time.
Then I was hoping by the time he reaches school age I would be able to do the nursing program
during the day as all my kids would be in school all day!
So my main questions are,
1. Is the 1st year of LPN at schoolcraft the same hours as it would be for RN? Are you in the same classes?
2. How demanding is the program?
3. What is the schedule like? ex: class one day & clinicals the other 2 days?
4. Is the wait list the same as rn?
5. Has anyone had a hard time finding work as an LPN here in Michigan?
I know that hospitals do not hire LPN anymore, and I'm ok with that. Where do they hire LPNS these days?
I am assuming it's LTC, Rehaps, and Doctor's offices! What is a typical starting pay?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm a planner & need to know exactly what is ahead of me