Anyone at Baker? (nursing or pre-nursing)Register Today!
- by sarahmeridith Jul 8, '11I'm starting my pre-reqs at Baker in the Fall, its been several years since I've been in school and now have 2 kids, I'm nervous!! I'm really hope I am able to get into the RN program. Anyone else starting at Baker for pre-reqs or in the nursing program? Anty advice or insight would be great!!
- Jul 8, '11 by DespareuxWhen I started pre-reqs we had to take pharm and holistics before we could apply for the RN program. I'm not sure, but I think both of those classes are part of the actual nursing program and not required for pre-reqs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I would recommend taking med terminology and strive for all A's. There have been students who got in with a 3.7 gpa, but most were closer to 4.0. Good writing skills are extremely important; we write lots of papers as nursing students, which can make or break your grade. Also, do NOT take an easy instructor for any of your science or composition courses; you will only hurt yourself.
- Jul 8, '11 by sarahmeridithThanks for the advice! You are right Pharm and holistics are no longer pre-reqs. Fortunatly I have a lot of writing experience from my previous profession and schooling, but I am really worried about A&P because it is all new to me, I am starting to study now, I hope it pays off. Are there any instructors you recomend for any of the science courses?
I am definatly aiming for a 4.0, I sure hope I can do it.
I tested out of comp 1 so I have room to take an extra class, I am definatly going to look into med. terminology!
- Jul 8, '11 by DespareuxI don't know if you are aware of the points system for entry into the program, but transfer credits and testing out of courses may decrease your points. I would recommend discussing this with ---- or ------. You may also ask them for recommendations for A&P instructors.Last edit by dianah on Jul 9, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Jul 9, '11 by sarahmeridithI am not transfering ant credits for that reason even though I have already taken all of the general pre-reqs (not including sciience) and have all A's. According to the admissions dept. Comp I does not count toward to the points, only comp II does, so I decided to test out of it.
I will definatly talk to one of the nursing program staff when I register for my classes on the 20th to double check the information that admissions has given me.
- Jul 13, '11 by Merlin8015What campus are you at? I agree with not picking an easy instuctor, the information you get from a good instructor will help you as the classes build upon one another.
- Jul 13, '11 by Merlin8015Just answered my own question by looking at a couple posts, Clinton Township here too. Just go into class with an open mind and not stress about the amount of information you need to know by the end of the class. They will not give you more information then you can handle, even though it feels like it at first.
- Jul 16, '11 by sarahmeridithThanks!