American Medical Careers in Flint, MIRegister Today!
- by nursing1010 Nov 5, '08Hi Everyone:
I have been a CNA for 14yrs. looking to go to American Medical Careers in Flint( which will be an 1.5 hr drive for me) for LPN Sept 2009, found out about this program on MI Works...has anyone heard of this school? Who has the best LPN program out here today....don't want to drive to Ohio....don't want to spend to much time driving because I feel it would take away from my time I can use to study.
- Jun 17, '09 by puregrace73AMC really charges $20,000 for their LPN program?? Is that outrageous or is it just me? Not sure how much other LPN programs cost but OCC was under $3000.
- Jun 17, '09 by jserwin510I received my CNA from AMC. I was employed within a few weeks of completing the course and taking my boards. It is really expensive for the LPN program and I don't think they have a payment plan. Getting in is pretty much easy if you can come up with the money. Get a hold of the school and set up a meeting. I almost decided to do the LPN there but changed my mind. I know that Michigan works will give up to $10,000 for education, usually $5,000/year. Since the LPN there is only one year I think there is a waiver you can apply for to get all the funds for the one year. Hope this helps.
- Jun 18, '09 by want2beanurse2Where do you live? My friend and I called the Detroit location about a month ago and a few days later the phone was disconnected. The Flint campus said Detroit location had closed because they were in the process of obtaining a bigger and better building. Maybe it's open now? Would that be closer than an hour and a half drive? There is always Everest Institute. Their cost is about $28,000 they accept NWLB along with Financial Aid and loans and I do believe they work out a payment plan. They accept students Sept, Jan and May of each year.
- Jun 18, '09 by tracel23_30Latoya's Health Education Center in Saginaw has classes for CNA, LPN, Phlebotomy, and EKG. The CNA classes are $900 and the LPN are $14,000.
- Jun 18, '09 by jserwin510I attended the Flint campus at the Great Lakes Tech. Center
- Jun 19, '09 by sunflower777hi there!....that's an awful large amount of money for the program...we have everest where i live and if its the last lpn school on earth, i can't go to a school that is 1/2 my salary..maybe consider other school...for that money..you can get your lpn, rn, then bsn for that amount...good luck to you!..i'm on a hunt too for a good lpn school
- Aug 19, '09 by shanec98The LPN program at AMC is only avalible at the Flint campus. I just finished the LPN program at this school, and will be taking the NCLEX shortly. We had great instructors and clinical sites. I am not sure if these are changing for the 2009/2010 school year. It is $20,000. You should be able to get $10,000 or more from NWLB, however it seemed to be VERY hard to get, and takes a long time. If this is how you plan on getting some of your $ you better get started on this right away. It is well worth the money because you can get a GREAT paying job as soon as you finish. You can also move right into an LPN to RN online program as well. Hope this helps, GOOD LUCK!