My first year of nursing :) - Page 2Register Today!
- May 28, '12 by kika72Thank you for such beautiful posting! As I'm approaching graduation in December and starting to fear what my first year in nursing will look like, reading this was definitely a breath of fresh air! Among so much negativity, It's always good to also hear the positives.
I wish you all the best in all your future endeavors.
- Jun 5, '12 by PlumeriaSunThank you for posting this. I will be graduating from nursing school very soon. I get very anxious not knowing what to expect so this was very encouraging to hear. It's nice when people stay positive
- Jun 6, '12 by sauconyrunnerGreat to read!!!!! I recently met all of our new Grads that are coming to our hospital. They are definitely some of the best and brightest.....and I hope that they will all feel the way you do after their first year.
- Jun 7, '12 by AllynaBerryI am so encouraged by your post. After more than 37 years in the field of nursing, I still remember how terrified I was those first few months...how I prayed I wouldn't hurt anyone..then I prayed that I might help a few...then I prayed that I would help most of the patients most of the time all without hurting any one. I knew I had "arrived" when I quit praying that they were all still breathing at the end of my shift! LOL
To you who are just starting out, remember, your instructors have taught you well. You actually know more than you believe you do. Trust that.
You will reach the point where you will sometimes "get a feeling that something is not quite right" about your patient (or your co-worker). Trust that.
Remember to take as good a care of your co-workers as you do your patients...you need them and they need you!
- Sep 9, '12 by elBSNThanks for posting this! I am very worried to be starting my first year of nursing within the month. Looking back is there anything else you would have done differently? Any advice?