medical surgical certificationRegister Today!
- by wishme Mar 23, '11Hello friends,
I need serious help to prepare for certification exam. I got only 87 days to prepare for it. I was thiking that i will get 90 days period and 6 weeks application processing time. But I got examination permit 2 weeks after i applied.
I am wondering if 88days is enough to study. Any suggestion is heartly appreciated !
- Mar 25, '11 by laRN1Yes, that' enough time if you take their ANCC review class...it helps you focus on what to study for the test. It is also helps if you're a recent graduate.
- Mar 26, '11 by kayernIf you study diligently, yes that's enough time. If you don't take a review class get some NCLEX review books.
- Thank you all!!
- Hi Kayern,
Thank you for your reply. I have one more question. I am reading nclex review book of kaplan, and practicing questions from saunders. Do you think it is gonna help me.
Any of you idea helps me alot.
Thank you !
- Quote from laRN1Thank you so much laRN1Yes, that' enough time if you take their ANCC review class...it helps you focus on what to study for the test. It is also helps if you're a recent graduate.
actually i am not taking any review class nor i am a recent graduate. These are the reasons making me more nervous about the exam, and seeking help.
If you have any idea, it's so welcome.
- Mar 31, '11 by laRN1Do you know anyone who has taken a review class? Maybe they can lend you the review book. I think studying NCLEX stuff may be too much. This is test is by no means NCLEX. It's easier than you think. Borrow the med surg certification book from the library. Do you know anyone who has recently taken the test? All I remember from the test I took last summer was a lot of diabetes questions, lots of psych and how would you prioritize questions.
- Apr 3, '11 by dfs1961I took the exam last summer and didn't study one iota. I didn't think it was that hard, and I've only been a nurse for a few years. You will do fine. Good luck!
- Apr 18, '11 by wishmeHello Friends,
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am still wondering about the book to practice questions for med-surg certification. I started reading book the Springhouse review for medical-surgical nursing certification. It is helping me alot. I would be very thankful if i get any info about question practice book.
any info is heartily welcome!
- May 14, '11 by tokmomIs the ANCC review course online by any chance? There is one my facility offers and it's paid for. However, it's a weekday that I work and I can never go.