Med/Surg certification HELP!Register Today!
- by SweetRNJ Mar 30, '12I did not pass the ANCC med/surg certification exam. And they are channging the exam content starting April 6.
Is it a bad idea to maybe just take the CMSRN instead of the ANCC one? I don't know what to do.
- Mar 31, '12 by tokmomSorry you did not pass the exam. Did you take any study course?
I guess you could try the CMSRN exam, but they both have the same pass rate at 80%, do you think it's easier? (not said in a snarky tone, honestly asking!)
ETA: What is changing in the exam and how did you find this out?
- Apr 2, '12 by SweetRNJThe sample questions seem different from the website of the CMSRN and ANCC...and the CMSRN seems more med/surg like and questions that I actually reviewed for. A friend of mine said that the instructor at the review course she went to did say something like that about the CMSRN. I took a reviewed course a few months ago.
On the ANCC website it says that they are changing the content.Medical Surgical Nurse - American Nurses Credentialing Center - ANCC
- Apr 2, '12 by tokmomI checked out the link. Those questions are the updated ones, correct? They look different to me, more like the CMSRN.
- Apr 3, '12 by SweetRNJYes, That's the updated questions.
- Apr 3, '12 by tokmomYeah, they seem different.