Med surg certificationRegister Today!
- by booziemgm2 Dec 3, '10I just got my RN license after being an LPN on a med surg floor for about 5 years. Where do I start for the certification. I HAVE NO CLUE!!! I want to continue now since I am in the Post Excelsior (self study) mode!! Any info on the process & testing would be greatly apperciated .
- Dec 3, '10 by I<3H2OI think you have to have so many hours working as an RN in the specific field before you can apply...
- Dec 5, '10 by kayernCheck the guidelines from the certifying agency. In addition to hour, you need a specific number of continuing education hours in the specialty.
- Jan 12, '11 by RussAThere are two ways to become certified. Through the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN), or the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This site provides the necessary time requiring to be an RN
- Jan 22, '11 by kayernEach certifying organization has a specific requirement just to sit for the exam. Having been an LPN, I'm not sure those years of experience will count. You need to check either ANCC or AMSN for MS certification.
I read on another post that MS certification is a slam dunk once you pay your test fee. SO NOT TRUE! The exam was not as easy as the other poster insinuated it was. It was a fair exam but not a give away! I hold two certifications and the MS was just as difficult as the Nurse Executive certification just a different focus.
- Feb 9, '11 by momof4ndocswifeHow do you recommend best preparing for the Med-Surg Certification exam?