- 0Help! Does anyone know where I can get a book on RUGS? I need to know What triggers what RUG score. Thanks
- 0Jan 7, '06 by suzy253Maybe these links & articles can help you from Health & Human Services (HHS)?
- 0Quote from RondaSMDS-PPS item "Triggers" remain the same. We need to score the Late Loss ADLs more accurately than ever (ADL score 7 or higher), we need to set the optimal ARDs for the 5D and even 14D to capture Extensive Services (IVF, IV meds etc.) coordinating more closely with Skilled Therapy more than ever.Thanks for the website. It had alot informative information. But not exactly what I am looking for. It is because of the new RUG-53 update from Jan 1st 2006 that I'm asking. We have to test our software. So I need to know what on the MDS triggers the new RUG score? Any ideas?
AANAC online membership plus credentialing and subscription to MDS Alert and high speed DSL access will more than pay for itself: ask Admin.
- 0Thanks to everyone for their replys. Sometimes I feel like I speak a different language then my co-workers. I work for an in hospital skilled nursing unit. We have only 11 beds. So I multitast. I am the DON, Activity Director, and the MDS coordinator. I have alot of people in the hospital with good intentions but not the knowledge to help me. They are really good with Joint Commision but not TDH or MCR for my area. All I usually have to do is ask and I get it. Pretty lucky there. Thanks again. Ronda
- 0Last edit by silverpilot03 on Jan 7, '06
- 0Quote from RondaSI'm a PPS Coordinator in an LTC facility so I am not sure if my answers will hold true for you. 5 day MPAFs or short forms can be used for Residents DC'd prior to completing the initial comprehensive (MDS plus RAPs) meaning they stayed less than 14 days. OR a 5 day MPAF can be performed, with the 14 day MCR-A dually coded as OBRA Initial Assessment with the strict requirement that initial assessments be completed (R2b) by the 14th day of admission meaning no use of grace days.I just started doing the MDS after not doing them for about 2 years. I know there is now a shorter 5 day MDS for MCR. We are currently still using the full assessment. How do you go about changing that?