Hi Andy and Talino,
Thank you for your help. Andy I AM in your state I believe, I am in Texas. The program we use for MDS is called VistaKeane or Keane Care. It does allow us to unlock records and change in after having already submitted and accepted by CMS. Here is what I did, I probably made it worse...
1. I went to my DON to explain the situation as best as I understood it
2. I again discussed the issue with the person that "unlocked" the record to clarify again what she changed.
3. Since the record was still unlocked I corrected it back to what the original one had, then ran the audit with locked it again.
4. When I sent my EDS file to CMS on Friday evening this record was included.
4. CMS rejected it as a duplicate record.
5. DO I need to do a modification now?
NOW... do I need to do anything else? Have I made it worse? The relocked record should now be identical to the initial locked one...
We do not
have paper co[pies here except of the Section V which goes into our patients current hard copy record. We do have and keep the orioginal hardcopy of the IDT signatures. Our Nurses have almost 100% electronic patient charting, and of course our MDS program is all electronic except for the IDT sign sheet. Is this okay? I was told several months back that we did not need to print or maintain other paper records for MDS since we do it electronically. Even what little hard copy we have gets scanned into an electronic program after patient discharges.