Full Time Quincy College Sept 2012 - page 16
by mollymarie3 | 20,519 Views | 159 Comments
Hi, Does anyone know what is going on with them extending the deadline for applicants for the full time program till May 15th??? Were there not enough applicants?? I don't want to have to wait until June to hear back, when... Read More
- 0Aug 13, '12 by cally527Quote from rj2011I have been wondering about when we wear the uniforms. Obviously for clinical. I would assume not to class. Not sure about lab. I bought one of the Coddington parking passes because I figured that I would need to park for lab and also if I need to go to the library. I know that for labs, if you chose the 8-10 lecture then you will have lab on Tuesdays. If you chose the 10:30-12:30 lecture then your lab is on Thursday. What is up in the air is what section we will get for lab (ie morning or afternoon)I called about some things and asked about labs, they said probably Tuesdays either 8-12 or 1-4.... but yeah will wait to see what the student # is after that date in august...
Do we wear the uniforms just for clinicals? or labs too? but not for lecture?
also I have the 8-10 m&w class and bought that parking pass.. but should I have bought another day due to labs? hopefully we hear more next week...
- 0Aug 20, '12 by cally527Quote from emm90Sorry, I am in the 10:30 - 12:30 class and my schedule from when I registered and on the portal says that class starts on 9/5.Does anyone else have fundamentals on Mon & Wed 8-10? My schedule says class starts 9/10 but I know some ppl are starting 9/5 or 9/6. Just wanna make sure I show up the right day...
- 0Aug 20, '12 by carraroeQuote from emm90My schedule says 9/10 - for some reason the 10-12 class start on 9/5. I asked at the nursing dept but they didn't know, said they would get back to me but I haven't heard from themDoes anyone else have fundamentals on Mon & Wed 8-10? My schedule says class starts 9/10 but I know some ppl are starting 9/5 or 9/6. Just wanna make sure I show up the right day...
- 1Aug 22, '12 by emm90Oh ok thanks guys! I'll give them a call too later.
I found this article on the Scrubs magazine site and thought some of you might find it reassuring (I sure did). The author, who graduated from a BSN program, highlights the benefits of her friends' ADN experience. The comments are also pretty informative.
ADN vs. BSN: Did I choose right? | Scrubs – The Leading Lifestyle Nursing Magazine Featuring Inspirational and Informational Nursing Articles
- 0Nov 7, '12 by sMoLsNurseSo, I just received an acceptance letter for the January AP program. The letter was sent out on Nov. 2nd and I picked it up yesterday from my po box. I'm freaking out about getting a physical and immunizations before orientation on the 14th. I hope their not as strict about it as the letter seems. I have one week to get most of this stuff done.. yikes!
- 0Nov 7, '12 by rj2011as long as you start the series of shots by clinical you should be fine...
also for future students wondering about the full time program schedule!... as of this year , your first semester, you have lecture 2 times a week for 2 hours, it's either 8-10am or 10-12, then you have lab 2 times a week starting at 8 am, and it goes in 2 hour segments up till 2pm I think... then halfway through you start clinical that is basically an eight hour shift!