Full Time Quincy College Sept 2012 - Page 10Register Today!
- Jun 5, '12 by cally527Quote from Ericad85http://quincycollege.edu/images/uplo...s_Policies.pdfcongrats to all of you may I ask a question??...I am an lpn also applying to there bridge program next year i understand the new test will be teas v...are they still basing this on the highest scores anyone know? also my current grades are As and Bs how about all of you>? think I have a chance with A's and B's and hopefully good teas score...I only ask because my local CC its like CRAZY and you need all A+ to be considered I feel well seems that way GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!
I think the LPN to RN bridge requirements start on page 9.
- Jun 5, '12 by cally527Quote from Peaches28Haha, lucky you!! My doctor has no opening for about 9 months. Thankfully she had a NP who has openings sooner than that, but the first available appointment when I called Monday morning wasn't until June 14th!Well, I dropped off my seat deposit today! And my doctor's office fit me in for an appointment this Thursday! Yay! I so can't wait for orientation
When I spoke with the Nursing Dept. yesterday, they told me that as long as everything is done prior to the start of classes, I will be fine. We do not register for classes until the end of August. Also, for anyone who is concerned about parking (since you have to register for classes before you can buy a parking pass) I was told that there will be special accommodations for Nursing students.
- Jun 5, '12 by umbdudeCongrats everybody!! Your excitement is contagious.
- Jun 6, '12 by cally527Quote from rj2011Lol, I was surprised that it was towards the end of August too. The person I spoke with in the Nursing Dept. said it was partially because the nursing classes are only open to us nursing students, so there is no worry about the classes filling up. They know exactly how many of us there will be. Waiting until the end of August to have us register will allow time for everyone to pay their seat deposits, get their physicals, vaccines, CORI's and CPR classes taken care of. ( Also, it will allow the school some time to send out acceptance letters to any waitlisted students if a spot opens up)Wow end of August! ok glad to hear about parking :-) I am coming from JP and every time I go to Quincy i get lost :-( I will have to get the route down. :-)
any interest in a fb page for Quincy RN class 2014?
I think a fb group would be a good idea. It will make it easier for us to communicate once classes start.
- Jun 7, '12 by emm90I really hope parking is cheaper because I grabbed a sheet from the Enrollment Office today that said parking was $50 for Mon/Wed!! Same charge for Tues/Thurs students. That would be ridiculous, even Boston is cheaper than that. Guess I *might* have to take public transportation..
Also I got a sheet with a breakdown of each semester's costs (including the non-nursing reqs) from an advisor. It's just our curriculum again only with exact costs on the right. Thought that was useful, especially since I didn't know tuition/credit would be fixed from the time you get accepted (nice!).
So excited for orientation. Too many questions. Can't wait to meet you all!
- Jun 7, '12 by slindsayDoes anyone know of any places that we can take the CPR class that QC will approve of?
- Jun 7, '12 by ryanaliceCongrats everyone! I am taking my prerequs right now and applying for a Jan 2013 start date at Quincy. Hopefully I will get in too!
- Jun 8, '12 by carraroeCPR world in canton is awesome! I just did mine there, instructor was great....