UMSON Spring 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Oct 12, '12 by taf1Does anyone know when decisions for the CNL program will be going out for Spring 2013? I applied, but haven't heard anything back yet
- Oct 12, '12 by amc074Did they say most applicants have those scores or most accepted applicants? I would honestly be pretty surprised if most of the people who apply have scores reaching into the 90s. For the people that are worried about their scores I've heard of successful applicants who got scores in the mid 70s, even with gpas around 3.5. Who really knows what this competition pool looks like though.
- Oct 12, '12 by AmesRT6510taf1 - this is a thread for the BSN program. we are supposed to hear back the first week or two of nov so yours will be near or after that I would guess. Good luck
- Oct 12, '12 by AmesRT6510Grey Lady, Do you know how many applicants there were this year for the BSN?
- Oct 13, '12 by AmesRT6510Sorry Grey Lady, another quick question. If you receive a C in any of the pre-reqs is that automatic denial for admission? Thanks for answering all these questions!
- Oct 13, '12 by amc074Hi Ames,I noticed someone had asked your question on another thread so I though I'd answer it for you. You can apply with Cs in prerequisites but have to get Bs or higher in all classes you're currently in regardless of whether or not they're prerequisites. I think the only thing that could disqualify someone related to the prereqs aside from grades is if they took one of the sciences online because their website says those ones must be done in a classroom.
- Quote from AmesRT6510A C in any class is not an automatic denial unless you are made an provisional offer of admission while you still have outstanding prequisites. Offers are made with the stipulation that any outstanding courses will be completed with a grade of B or better. Your offer would be rescinded if you do not meet this requirement.Sorry Grey Lady, another quick question. If you receive a C in any of the pre-reqs is that automatic denial for admission? Thanks for answering all these questions!
Cs in any of the sciences are pretty bad unless you have one heck of an explanation in your essay. Due to the competition, there have been semesters where no one was admitted with a C in the sciences. There is a direct correlation between students' science GPA and success in our program so we take it extremely seriously. A C in a non-science elective would not be so disturbing.
- Oct 16, '12 by amc074300 applications for how many spots?
- About 140 slots.