UMSON Spring 2013 - page 6
50,704 Views | 269 Comments
Hey! Anyone planning on applying to UMSON for Spring of '13?... Read More
- 0Oct 10, '12 by Grey LadyFor those of you waiting to hear from UMB, there are some things you could be doing in anticipation of being accepted. First, get the right CPR card - American Heart Association Healthcare Provider or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer/healthcare provider. They are the ONLY acceptable ones except for the military equivalent certifications. Second, get started on your immunizations. You will find the Student Medical and Immunization form on the website under Accepted Students which will tell you most of what is required. Get a flu shot. Review Anatomy & Physiology. Look up medical terminology, especially the Latin roots for words. But most of all, be positive! Best of luck to all of you.
- 0Oct 10, '12 by Grey LadyAll I know is that the office is pleased with its progress in processing and reviewing all spring applicants. That being said, anything can happen to throw a monkey wrench into the process. They are hoping, hoping, mind you, that they will be able to start making offers the first or second week of November. Hang in there! I really can't wait to start calling the new Shady Grove students. Oh, the plan is to try to call everyone but if your phone number is not in the system that won't happen and you will have to wait for a letter. You might want to check on that and correct it in the application system.
- 0Oct 11, '12 by mj610Hi, everyone. I applied for Spring 2013 too! I am waiting for their decision, and it makes me crazy.......................I am checking my application status everyday! I read the past threats for Spring 2012, and they got the notice on November 3. About three more weeks.... I can't wait!!!! I know there is a little chance that I can get into the program (because of my low TEAS score), but .. I just want to know asap! I am sure that everybody is waiting for the good news from UMB..Good luck everyone!!
What's considered a low Teas score? What is the minimum score UMB would accept? I didn't think I did all that well and it was my second attempt. I studied for 6 months after my first attempt and only score 6.3% more on my second attempt. Fingers crossed that I get accepted to any school. At this point I'm not picky. I wish everyone luck!
I applied to Howard University, Towson, UMB, and AACC. I really want a BSN so AACC is my last choice, but I will settle. I just didn't find the Teas test to be easy at all, even after studying for several months. Maybe my nerves and that timer made me anxious. I've never heard of Washington Adventist did you apply?
- 0Oct 12, '12 by amc074From reading some of the other threads it seems like anything less than a 70 can hurt your chances and anything above is better but doesn't necessarily help your chances. The Teas was hard! I walked out of mine feeling like I didn't do that well and just ended up getting incredibly lucky.
- 1Oct 12, '12 by mj610Blacksaphhire,
When I attended the open house/ information session in March, the presenter said most of the applicants have average 80s or 90s of TEAS score. (I believe she just overstated the fact to show how their program is competitive, so please don't panic)
Comparing to what she said, my score is lower. I'm sorry if I made you confused.
anyways, amc074's comment makes me feel relieved. I hope the score doesn't affect much on my chance of being accepted.Last edit by mj610 on Oct 12, '12