New Graduate jobs in MD,VA,DC areas
- 0Mar 23, '11 by BellissimoHey everyone,
I am a new member here. I am graduating in May 2011 with a BSN from an accelerated program in SD. My first degree being Biology.I am planning on moving to MD to live with my hubby in May( Just got married). I was not aware of the difficulties new nurses face East coast and I am panicking now. Most of my classmate here already have job offers! I need a job as soon as I can. I have been a patient care tech for several years now in a nursing home setting. I am looking for anything in nursing homes and hospitals in that area. I have already contacted several places listed below for nurse residencies:
▪Franklin Square Hospital Center, Baltimore : email sent with resume and cover letter
▪University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore :email sent with resume and cover letter
▪Virginia Hospital Center: email sent with resume and cover letter
▪Children’s National Medical Center : there wasn't anything open
▪George Washington Hospital: Nursing Extern-ship : nothing at the moment
▪Howard University Hospital : I applied for a position
▪Washington Hospital Center : email sent with resume and cover letter
Any ideas welcome!
- 14,605 Visits
- 0Mar 26, '11 by tgary08Have you completed the online applications along with sending your resume and cover letter? If not I would strongly encourage you do so. I am a NEW NEW grad at WHC and I think they do another residency program in July. So keep an eye out for the jopb listing to pop up on their website. Also try Georgetown and Sibley Hospitals in DC, I believe they are doing a residency in July as well.
- 0Mar 27, '11 by BellissimoI have not applied yet. I did recieve a reply from WHC telling me that they will start taking applications in May. I also recieved a response fron UMMC informing me that I have to look online for positions not requiering experience and that they post positions every other Tuesday. So I just Have to keep looking.
I will check out sibley hospital website. I called Georgetown but they have already selected their candidates for this year.
- 0May 19, '11 by chul_sooMontgomery General's looking for 6 new grad nurses.
- 0May 26, '11 by PrettyWingsFNPGeorgetown has a great new grad program....although I think they finish all their new grad hiring by Feb/March. I started as a new grad there and I attended a new grad open house in Jan and was hired by Feb. They hire some new grads in the fall for a winter start as well. You may have to wait until the next new grad open house (which in probably in in the end of the summer/early fall). Contact the Nursing Office and ask them when their next new grad day is.
- 0Jul 5, '11 by Lev <3Northwest Hospital in Randallstown, MD, Sinai Hospital in Baltimore, Kernan Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation in Baltimore, Howard County General in Maryland (fellowship), Bon Secours health system in Richmond, Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, MD are hiring new grads.Last edit by Lev <3 on Jul 5, '11