Montgomery College Spring 2013 ApplicantsRegister Today!
- by TxPatients Jul 25, '12I just submitted my application for the Spring 2013 nursing program at MC. Anyone else just apply for the August 1 deadline?
- Sep 17, '12 by Eramos809Hey!!
I have appled for the Spring term as well!!
- Sep 19, '12 by kylemacI dropped off my app on the 14th. Let's hope this works out for all of us. You all have any idea on when we'll hear anything?
- Sep 19, '12 by Eramos809Hey there!!!! I was just reading past Spring terms and they were notified by Oct. or early Nov., but since MC extended their deadline I don't know that we will hear that soon. I am hoping we do hear by Oct. the wait is agonizing!!!
- Sep 24, '12 by EbbiI applied on Friday, Sept. 21 (the deadline). I have all the priority courses, however, my A& Ps' are over 5yrs old so I am currently taking pathophysiology at MC Germantown. I received a 72.7% overall on the TEAS, Reading 81.2%, Math 63%, Science 70% & English/ Language 73.4%. I am hopeful. I read in other posts that the average TEAS scores were 72-74% and that priority courses completed is what they look for. I have a BS in Public & Community Health from UMD, college park but I've wanted to be a nurse for quite some time. I've worked as a medical assistant and clinical tech for about 11 years.
- Oct 1, '12 by TxPatientsHi! It's nice meeting you! Did you apply for the first deadline? I know they extended it to Sept 21st now. I don't know if that is good or bad for us?! I am doing ok waiting but it's frustrating because they told me November but Fall posts showed October. Have you heard anything? A gf that is in the program now she said we'll hear mid October. I also heard the class this term is only in the 60's with no drops yet. A little background on me, I left my 'corporate' job in patient education 2 years ago to pursue my 3rd degree in nursing. It has always been my dream but it happened on its own path. How about you?
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com
- Oct 1, '12 by Eramos809Hey there!! I applied before the initial deadline prior to the extension. I'm not sure if that is good or bad either.
A little backgroung on myself: I am a single mother working as a medical assistant for 8 years, I love the health care field. But before I made the decision to actually pursue my nursing degree I got a desk job working with Montgomery County Government, DHHS, that only lasted 3 years and I was missing what I was doing before and made the decision to go get my nursing degree!! So here I am now working as a medical assistant in an urgent care clinic in the day and as a unit support coordinator at night at a hospital. I have completed all the pre reqs required and obtained an A.A. in Applied Science/General Studies from Montgomery College last Spring and now I am waiting to hopefully get into the nursing program!! I am very excited and hope all my hard work pays off and I can get in this Spring!!
I just hope we hear sooner than later the wait is horrible!!
- Oct 2, '12 by btrossbachI applied on September 21st. I did not look into Montgomery College until August 4th only to see that the application deadline was the 1st for the Spring program. Then I went back to the website on around September 17th. I scrambled to get my TEAS done and all of my info together and was able to submit my application on the 21st. I called yesterday and asked when they expected to send out notifications and was told the last week of October or the first week of November. I
- Oct 2, '12 by TxPatientsAs SOON as everyone receives their letters update us online! I wish we would hear sooner since the pushed back deadline. We've been waiting since August, ugh. I am still checking my mail everyday.
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com