Montgomery College Nursing Fall 2012 - page 6
Greetings! I wanted to start a thread for anyone who has applied into Montgomery College's Fall '12 Nursing program. I am applying after my second attempt on the TEAS which will be on Tuesday, March 20th. My first try (without... Read More
- 0May 17, '12 by Eramos809SarahMarie you are awesome and thanks so much for all the information it is so helpful to know!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if you know the answer or not but I work in a hospital so I get titers done, vaccines and PPD testing so would they accept those or would I have to get labs done again and another PPD? I guess its really no big deal to get them redone, I just hate having to get another PPD and more blood work! But I will if I have too!!
Drea I am trying to keep myself busy, my oldest is in basketball so we go to practices and tournaments, I picked up more hours at my day job and working nights at the hospital but still can't keep my mind off knowing if I got in....its driving me crazy!!!! I would just like to know so I can plan out my summer and fall!!!
SarahMarie: Is there a website where we can go to check out uniforms and supplies? I was just curious and wanted to price some things out. Another question what if you have tatoos on your lower arm/forearm would we be required to wear the lab coat at all times?
Basically I just completed my last pre req for the nursing program and graduated with my AA in General Studies this semester but since I was still in my last class I had 3/4 of the main courses done and am hoping I can still get in!!!! I just have to keep my fingers and toes crossed!!!!
Does anyone know how many applications were received for the fall, there are not many people on this discussion board so I am hoping people got in to other schools and will reject MC so there is more room for others...making my chances better...
- 0May 22, '12 by drea588Elena, congrats on your degree! Titers are good if within the past five years, its a question I asked since mine are already done, too. PPD and flu vaccines, I am not sure about. That reminds me I need to get my records of those.... hmm.
I stopped by TKSS campus today to get some books for my summer I courses, and stopped by the admissions office to ask about our applications and letters. They are in the 'third stage' with the applications, (i have no idea what that means) and letters should be out "soon." please let soon be really soon!! I did ask how many were received, but they were unable to give an estimate.
Okay guys, again good luck. Im so anxious over here, and nothing is able to keep my mind off the program.
- 0May 22, '12 by kedacakesThank you all for sharing the wealth of information! I've been reading all of your post and it is truly helpful in preparing for school. For those who have completed their first year at Montgomery, around when is orientation for the program? Is it right before the semester starts or during the summer and is there anything academically that we can prepare for before the semester starts that will help alleviate some of the pressure in the beginning? Good luck everybody!
- 0May 22, '12 by Eramos809Thanks Drea!! And CONGRATULATIONS to you as well!! Good to know my titers are under 5 years old so that is great, I will most likely have to get a new TB test done and of course another flu shot for this year but I am so glad that my job gives it to me so it cuts down on mycost :spin: I'm going to get a copy of my records too now that I know there good!!! YAY!!! I will take that as a good sign!!
I hope third stage means mailing out letters!! I check the mail everyday just hoping to hear something...I am just as anxious and cannot wait to know...but I wonder, there are many students who apply to several schools and if they get accepted to MC then decide not to go, for whatever reasons, how do the handle that?
Many schools have a time span on a student accepting their acceptance letters then they go to waitlisted students when there is an opening, does MC have the same process?
I just need to know soon...and hopefully soon!!
- 0May 23, '12 by redmonds12My mother in law works at Sibley hospital where MC does their clinicals, and according to someone there they do not fill empty spots. They do not want to fill spots with under qualified people, so if people do not take their spots, it is just a smaller class.
I also called the nursing office today to find out when letters would be sent out and when orientation is. They wouldn't tell me the orientation date for some reason but said to be expecting letters really soon. But then when I said "oh okay thats great!" she said "anytime in the next few weeks". lol, To me the next few weeks are not soon. I was thinking more like tomorrow.
- 0May 23, '12 by Eramos809Redmonds12...I have to say, LOL, to her interpretation of soon!! I would have assume by this week not in the next few weeks...LOL!!
I have to assume that maybe they do not have a definite orientation date yet or she figures you will know if you get a letter of acceptance...
Its unfortunate they do not fill empty spots, I understand not just accepting under qualified candidates but if, for example, MC accepts 112 students but 200 were qualified, and then out of the 112 accepted only 80 choose MC there are still qualified students they can fill spots with. Most schools have wait-lists for such situations and also why they have known since April or before!
Well I wish us all best of luck and hope to meet you all sooner rather than later
- 0May 23, '12 by redmonds12I agree...I think they should implement some type of wait list. I wonder how many spots they extend that don't get taken. I bet they do have an orientation date, they just don't release it till they send out the acceptance letters.
I REALLY hope they get them sent out soon. I was thinking they might have them out before memorial day which would be ideal, but who knows.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!
- 1May 25, '12 by redmonds12Drea!! You were right! I called this morning (because I have nothing better to do than ask about nursing lol) and they said they do have a wait list!! Thats great to know. Im so glad to have found that out.
ALSO.....hold your breath. I don't know if she's right or not but the woman in the admissions office told me decisions were mailed out today!!!!!!!!! That means we would be getting them next week. I really hope she's right.