Medstar health hospitals for new grads!Register Today!
- by BABYJADE06 Apr 20, '11Are there any nurses out there who works for any of the Medstar Health Hospitals (Good Samaritan, Union Memorial, Franklin Square, Harbor, etc.) Can you tell me if they hire new graduate nurses and what the starting salary is like? Also, what is the best part about working for the organization? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- Apr 21, '11 by jmokeefeI work at a Medstar hospital (actually have worked for 2 of them) and I LOVE it! Medstar loves their nurses We have many opportunities for professional growth, and many perks. Technology is cutting edge. FSH is a magnet hospital.
New grad salary last I looked was aprox $24.50 base. They have the PACE program at FSH for new grads.
- Apr 21, '11 by BABYJADE06That's great to know. I will be working at Union Memorial as a Nurse Extern. Its nice to hear good things about it!
- Apr 29, '11 by sewnewI heard through the grape vine that Franklin Square is planning to hire 50 new grads in the near future.
- Apr 29, '11 by jmokeefeI wouldn't doubt it. I am at Franklin Square...we have the PACE program for new grads. Love it there!
- Apr 30, '11 by mdgradRNHi
Do you know if Franklin Square only hires BSN?
Thanks in advance!
- May 1, '11 by jmokeefeI am not sure about for new grads/for the PACE program...but I work at Franklin Square and I do not have a BSN, and I know of other nurses that just started here that do not have a BSN. Hope this helps