Howard Community College ApplicationRegister Today!
- by Primie2 Jan 19, '11Hi,
I have a question for anyone who knows anything about the nursing program at HCC. I submitted my application for the RN Evening/Weekend program in this past fall 2010 semester. I have all of the requirements completed. Does anyone know when they start the lottery selection process? And about when I should expect to hear back (do they contact you by mail?) on wheather I am accpeted or on the waitlist?
Thanks for any help!
- 2,635 Views
- Jan 26, '11 by PharmaRNHi Primie,
I'm a graduate of the accelerated RN program at HCC... as a resident of Anne Arundel County who 'jumped ship' and went to HCC instead of AACC, I just wanted to let you know that it's an incredible nursing program and I couldn't be happier with my choice to have gone there.
Anyway, to answer your question, I believe the standard admission applicants get notified in the early Spring. The accelerated program starts in late May and applicants for standard admission got notified by early February... I believe the fall students were about two months behind that.
If you'd like a more specific date, I'd recommend you contact Robin Becker-Cornblatt in advising. She's a fantastic resource and is the assistant director of admissions for the nursing program. Here's her contact info: 443-518-4137. email@example.com
Hope that helps!
- Mar 12, '11 by nurseinthemaking101I turned in my application for the FALL 2011 in Feb 2010.
Last night i received a letter that I am on the waitlist (between #40-#50), they do tell you the exact number, just don't want to put it on here..
I've been extremely down since last nite..Oh yea, Im out-of-county
- Mar 13, '11 by Primie2Hi Nurseinthemaking,
Sorry to hear that, many students apply to more than one college so perhaps those that got accepted will decide to go somewhere else and those who did not will decide they don't want to wait and go somewhere else aswell. Then you will move up on the waitlist. Don't get too down it won't be so bad. Did you apply for the day or evening/weekend option?
- Mar 13, '11 by Primie2Oh I wanted to add that if you applied for the day option than you will probably only have to wait until the spring semester since that program admits in the fall and spring semesters. Also, i do know someone that was number 25 on the wait list in past and they ended up getting in because so many people dropped. Hopefully that makes it a little better for you. Good luck.
- Mar 13, '11 by nurseinthemaking101primie2;
Thanks so much..That makes me feel much better. I too applied to other schools so hopefully I'll hear good news from them soon.
So glad to hear that someone on waiting list #25 made it in! wow...maybe, just maybe, I have a chance..I've just waited for 3yrs since undergrad that Im ready to start this Nursing program and get it over with...
Thanks soo much for your response tho!