CCBC - N/W Fall 2012 ApplicantsRegister Today!
- by Djsage13 Nov 15, '11Hello Everyone,
I am applying to the CCBC Essex nights and weekends program for the fall of 2012. I am hearing all the stories about those either getting in or rejected for the Spring day program. Wanted to maybe start a thread for those whole applying with me and maybe relate to my anxiety! LOL
- OOOH! OOOH! ME! ME! I can relate to your anxiety! I am also applying for the night and weekend RN program at Essex (for Fall of 2012). I have heard sooo many stories about people with 3.8GPA's who have completed all their sciences being turned away while others with lower GPA's get accepted. From what I've heard there isn't a whole lot of rhyme or reason as to who gets in and who gets rejected. It's all hear say though. I don't even like listening to it...it's too nerve wracking! I'm just going to keep applying until I get in :0)
- I have heard the stories too. Although I haven't heard anyone with a 3.8 getting turned down. Of course like you said its all hear say. You never know someone's true GPA. And there are 2 GPAs they go by. Have you applied before? What's your GPA if you don't mind me asking? Have you taken your teas? Are you finished all your pre reqs?
I'm Greg btw.
- No I haven't applied before. This will be the first time for me. I am scheduled to take the TEAS some time in December. Right now my GPA is 3.5 It's ok I guess. I've gotten all A's and a couple B's in everything so far except for the math - only got a C. I am retaking it next semester though. All of my pre reqs are finished - EXCEPT I will be in BIOL221 when I apply.
Are all of your pre reqs done?? What is your GPA if I can ask? Have you already applied? I'm just curious... it just seems like there are so many variables between GPA's, pre reqs being finished or not, TEAS scores, ect..
I'm Lauri :0)
- I'm finishing up micro right now. My two GPAs are 3.83 and 3.81. I took the teas and got a 74.7/proficient. I have all As in my science classes and two Bs in my English classes that I took in '94. I heard about all the variables. I can't believe we have to wait all the way tilley to find out. What are you in this semester? And this is also my first time applying.
- I'm in Micro right now too - and then will be taking BIOL221 and retaking math next semester.
- Who are you taking for micro? So you're taking math and anatomy next semester? Have you started studying for the teas?
- Dec 1, '11 by BmoreRNsoonMe me lol...I just got accepted into ccbc @ owings mills location.I don't want to do RN program @ ccbc just want to get my prereq and take teas there,and then tranfer to csu because it closer not better lol.
I would like to know how are ccbc prereq class schedule and how long does it take to get them out the way before you can apply to the RN program? Thanks and good luck to ya
- Dec 2, '11 by Djsage13Well to give you an idea. I had all my general requirements finished a while back. The I started the summer of 2010 and took Bio 110. Then in the fall I took A&P I with Psych 101. Winter I took Sociology. Then in the Spring I took A&P II. Then this past summer I took Psych Human Growth and Development. And now I am taking Micro and will be finished in two weeks. Hope that helps. So CSU? Coppin? And FYI, I took all my pre reqs at Essex, Dundulk and online.
- Dec 2, '11 by Djsage13Lauri,
Did you schedule your TEAS yet? I just finished my unknown for micro and rocked it!!! How's your class coming along?