I would like some interview answers from a don, adon, or managerRegister Today!
This is a discussion on I would like some interview answers from a don, adon, or manager in LTC: Directors Nursing / Assistant (DON/ADON), part of Nursing Specialties ... I would like to interview a don, adon or a manager for a school project. I have to interview...by loveu123 Sep 11, '11I would like to interview a don, adon or a manager for a school project. I have to interview someone in a management position for the project. I look forward to getting some answers and really appreciate any help that would be received.
1. Discuss how you utilize and value the knowledge of other disciplines to solve patient care problems. What team members are you most often engaged with, and what is the unique expertise of each?
2. Describe how you demonstrate appropriate teambuilding and collaborative strategies when working with interprofessional teams.
3. How do you see care applied within your particular nursing practice situation?
4. Describe the roles of different nurses (e.g., clinical nurse specialist, nurse executive, bedside nurse) in promoting safe and quality outcomes of care for diverse populations.
5. Describe how you apply quality improvement processes to implement patient safety initiatives and monitor outcomes. How are nurse-sensitive indicators monitored in your institution?
6. Describe how nurses facilitate patient-centered care in your institution and practice. How are patient-centered care and advocacy similar to and different from each other?
7. Describe a situation in your practice in which you could see that the principles of ethics, professional nursing standards, altruism, and human dignity affected your nursing practice or a specific outcome.
8. Describe a patient care initiative in your organization that improved outcomes and enhanced cost effectiveness in care delivery.
9. Describe how nursing research has improved or changed a particular aspect of patient care in your institution. How is the research project different from quality improvement activities?
10. Describe how information technology and patient data are used in your institution for ethical, effective clinical decision making and how patient confidentiality is protected.
11. Describe a particular situation in which you have been involved with the roles and responsibilities of a major healthcare regulatory agency that affected patient care quality, workplace safety, healthcare reimbursement, or the scope of nursing practice.
12. Compare nursing practice roles for the registered nurse, clinical nurse leader, advanced practice registered nurse, and clinical nurse specialist in your clinical setting. Describe specific differences in their duties, knowledge, and abilities.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=615925©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Sep 11, '11 by Nascar nurseYou're kidding right. Way to many questions and all would require a significant length of time to answer each one.
- Sep 12, '11 by noc4senufI already put in many, many hours a day, without answering those questions for someone else.
- Sep 12, '11 by itthybitthythpiderYou may want to sit down with a DON/ADON in a facility near you to get the answers.... I think that's the point of the project. That way you can see their face, have a conversation, and really get a feel for what they do and how they do it.
- Sep 12, '11 by pixie120Quote from Nascar nurseYep, seems like a lot of work.You're kidding right. Way to many questions and all would require a significant length of time to answer each one.