University of Rio Grande - page 4
by tainted1972 17,645 Views | 40 Comments
I have been accepted into the online LPN to RN program at the University of Rio Grande in Ohio. If anyone is attending or is going to please share your thoughts and tips with me. I have no idea what to expect. For starters... Read More
- 0Nov 30, '11 by tainted1972We are in the midst of finals week at RIO. Unfortunately there are going to be students who fail and will be out of the program until next year ( if they can get back in). This has been the worst semester so far. I heard a student say yesterday that this program is like the game survivor.. and it really is. I am going into the final with a passing grade so I am fairly confident I will come out with my head above the water. Only 2 semesters left!! I cannot wait for this to be over.
- 0Nov 30, '11 by tainted1972I am sorry that I did not clarify that. They are done during the day shift depending on the location you go to. For example my clinical hours in the summer were 7am until 5pm
this fall they were mostly 630 am until 130pm or 630pm depending on weather or not i was doing 6 or 12. some students came in at 1230 til 630 pm. Next semester my clinical days will be from 630 am until 630 pm every other week. Other sites have had their hours from 9am until 9pm. I know it seems confusing and should me more straight forward.. but welcome to RIO.. everything is confusing, and the rules change hourly.
There are many variables that you must take in consideration. My clincal times were changed last minute by instructors and for other reasons.
Instructor got sick, had to cancel clinical. We had to make it up on another day chosen by the entire group. ( RIO does not have substitute instructors)
Rio scheduled HESI exam during clinical time so it had to be made up.
- 0Dec 2, '11 by nursejackie2010Hello,
I see the post about Rio Grande online program, and it seems as if you have to be confident and determined to succeed to make it. My question is why would you not recommend it to anyone I seen that post from tainted1972. Just wanted some feed back. I plan on starting in Aug 2012.
- 0Jan 10, '12 by greybird2011I have every book that you would need for Rio Grande Online LPN to RN program. I will give them up for cheap!!! Please let me know if you are interested. Text 513-464-6719 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I have done the program and want to get rid of my books.
- 0Apr 29, '12 by BrittanyLPNThis was posted awhile ago so I was wondering if anyone attended this program. I'm thinking about the LPN to Rn online program but I haven't heard a lot of good things about it. Me and my friend was thinking about doing it together because it us such a long drive to clinical (like two hours). Do you know if they work with you for scheduling? Any advice helps. I'm going to call on Monday.
- 0Sep 25, '12 by tainted1972Brittany,
You do not get to choose your site or schedule, as the program progresses some instructors may be more flexible than others but do not count on it. I worked a full time job while doing this program, I had to take off work for clinicals which was not always easy.
- 1Sep 25, '12 by tainted1972Just wanted to update my progress.
I graduated!!!!!! It was a long hard road but I did it. The exit HESI was a bear!!
I am currently waiting for my ATT from the board of nursing.
My advice to anyone who wants to go through this program... Do it with a friend or get to know other students. You cannot do this without the support of other students! You will go crazy if you try to do it alone.
If you fail... Do NOT ever give up.