Lamar State College LVN to RN - Page 23Register Today!
- Sep 20, '12 by CBJ123im just ahead of you patho and health assessment courses. the computer class is easy just stay with it and dont fall behind if you have time work ahead. it goes by quick. every day is a learning proces.
- Sep 21, '12 by mrllangstonHi everyone! I was checking the textbook list to get the books for next classes & it's no longer on the Lamar website. Anyone make a copy? I thought the Patho said 5th Ed. The list I have says 4th Ed. Thanks for any help.
- Sep 22, '12 by 1busymaniamDon't know why the list is not there? I remember it as being the 4th edition? I do have a list copied tho. Possibly they are evaluating texts and considering other books? My Patho was transferred/accepted and for that I am extremely grateful..... Russell Roach
- Sep 22, '12 by MsDionneThe two courses prior to rnsg 1423 are easy just do your assignments on time
- Sep 23, '12 by vma71mrlangston, the list that I have for Patho says 5th edition.
- Sep 24, '12 by arlel58Hello gk922,
Yeh I recommend Lamar Upward Mobility Nursing Program LVN-RN. Just to boost your spirits, I am finishing the program by March 24, 2013. I am currently taking RNSG 2535 Integrated Client Care Management (Medsurg Part 2) this module will end Oct. 21 then by October 29 I'll start my clinicals.for 5 weeks one week break and another 5 weeks for the second part of clinicals. It is a tough ride, You really need to have time to study and read the gazellion of chapter you're assigned to read. You are by your own reading those tons of chapter. Self discipline. We have academic coaches that guides u as well if u need help. Some are helpful some are dont. I never asked for help cuz I just read my assigned chapter and exposed my self to tons of rationales n nclex questions pertaining to the subject I am tested.
Good luck to u. I have been there so u gonna make it too. I am not young enough to go to a tradional school. But doing good in this program. I amcurrently getting A's n B's so far. Thanks God for that.
- Sep 24, '12 by arlel58Made 95.45% on RNSG 2535. Thanks God for that. Second exam on Thursday Sept.27. I am hoping to get a better grade as well this coming exam. BEST OF LUCK..to all
- Sep 25, '12 by mrllangstonHi! I live in Greenville. Started Sept.17. Whereabouts in Dallas do you live?
- Sep 26, '12 by abi2011hi, Ive applied for the program and just waiting for acceptance letter. Is it hard to get in the program? What books do you reccommend to start studying? I currently work for agency and Im very confused of how or when Im suppose to look for a place for clinicals. Can someone please answer these questions, I live in houston so anyone on the same boat or useful information, please respond.
- Sep 28, '12 by 1busymaniamHello abi2011,
Abi, I can only suggest you log into lamar's chat line and chat with Judy. I say Judy as nobody else has ever responded. I would suggest you start looking for atleast a part-time job or secure a 26 week contract somewhere. The agency thing is going to complicate clinicals I do believe. You have to have stability for 90 days or so.
No it is not hard to get into the program. Believe it or not, I think there are many more spots than there are applicants. Judy told me they could accept 160 applicants every cohort. My cohort has been in session for two weeks and 25 posters in an assignment? Review the BON records, much less than 160.
Good luck to you........... Russell Roach