Lamar State College LVN to RN - Page 18Register Today!
- Sep 1, '12 by arlel58Iy u guys are flying you can stay at the la quinta if really you're serious about strategies to pass. Good luck. The website has a number to call for more info.
- Sep 2, '12 by SunShine35Which Nclex book do you suggest? Thank you for responding
- Sep 2, '12 by 1busymaniamNice here at my PT job. On the computer answering Nclex ?'s at about 72-73%. Gotta do better than that. Did I read here that we have 80 seconds to answer test ?'s on our proctored exams? Start the computer class in two weeks. I've been needing to take a computer course. Should go ok as my wife can tutor me if needed. Good day...
- Sep 2, '12 by arlel58Hello 1busymaniam,
It depends if how many points is the exam. Normally it is 1 minutes and 25 seconds per question. U need to register with proctor U and select your own time and pay $25 per exams. Whe i took the computer class last January it was not proctored yet. But it is a doable class. One of the requirement in that class is u need to do a power point presentation plus other stuff that u need to be scanning to your coach. Good luck to you at least u have a "wifey" that is very willing to coach you. I am on rnsg 2535 next to 8 weeks away from clinicals. Can't wait to finish. last day og school March 24, 2013. Keep iin touch. arlel58
- Sep 2, '12 by arlel58Hello SunShine35,
I am using Saunders book latest edition the yellow color. Also I go to Barnes n Nobles and read some rationales to whatever module I am in to hve some mor practice. Finishing by March 24, 2013. Good luck to u.. Keep in touch.
- Sep 3, '12 by katana600Ok, Lamar students. I am currently getting ready to start my 2nd set of clinical. Yes I passed the first one. So I have already started studying for boards. The NCLEX questions that you will have to do eventually during the program is somewhat helpful. However I highly highly recommend that you purchase the KAPLAN NCLEX-RN study and review book. Do this while you are currently taking your regular classes and you will have a better insight on how to answer the test questions. If I had read this first, I would not have struggled like I did in the beginning. You must read it, don't just skim, I mean really read it. I got the book on Amazon for a reasonable price. I just decided to go ahead and start preparing myself, only if I had known sooner. Give it a try. GOOD LUCK!!!!
- Sep 4, '12 by 1busymaniamKatana, Thanks for the advise. I have been answering ?'s but with no particular reference book in mind. I will go to scribd.com and see how Kaplan reads. Guess I should review the Saunders material also as I really want to have a good year +. Good luck to you and Arlel with clinicals. I am sure all of us are very effective clinically we just have to sharpen our test taking skills. Good day all...
- Sep 4, '12 by kimanzaI have read alot of good info on here. I am nervous about starting the computer class on the 17th. I will be coming back here for advice. So glad I found you all. Hope we have a fun and rewarding 15 months. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org would like to get a study group together by email or text. I live in north Texas just south of Wichita Falls. Good luck to all.
- Sep 4, '12 by kimanzaThanks katana, will do this!
- Sep 7, '12 by BreBreHello everyone. Is anyone starting the LVN-to RN Program Sept 17 2012 and living in the Houston area?