Lamar State College LVN to RN - page 17
by halexander4 112,029 Views | 342 Comments
Any one in this program? I am looking it to it as it is the cheapest option I have found... Seems a lot like excelsior with the exception on clinicals (how do they do them?)????... Read More
- 1Sep 1, '12 by CRAZY33Hello future RN's......I like the way THAT sounds!
I also start the program Sep17th. I am freaking out a little for lack of "a plan". I received my letter with book list and calander of dates...ok...now what? Have logged in and see that I am in class. I guess I'm very nervouse because not sure what to expect. I have been a LVN for 10yrs and when I was in school we didn't use blackboard or anything. I did take 2 classes over the summer so now I know how all that works. Alot of mixed messages on the board. I live in Midlothian- south of Dallas. I have been pricing the books and not going to order through the college at this point Barnes and Noble or Amazon cheaper. I to will want a study group when time comes so let me know if anyone interested in starting a DFW group. Good luck to all!!
- 0Sep 1, '12 by momkoltonI am looking for study partners around the Dallas Area. Also, did anyone take out a private student loan for this? I am having issues finding a source that will for the college. I start Sept 17th...At this point I will just pay out of pocket I have been a nurse for two years and for the last year and a half a nurse manager. I also work in a LTC but it is a 264 bed facility so clinicals will not be an issue. There is another nurse in my facility that starts at that time also. If anyone has any suggestions or books they want to sell email me email@example.com. Good Luck everyone!
- 0You can also rent your books at chegg.com as an option. Don't worry computer is easy it's doable don't stress yourself where there is nothing to be stress about. Eveuthing will be explained as you go along through your module. I have been there and I am also not a computer genius,lol but I made it through. Im on class RNSG 2535 till Oct. 21 then clinicals 5 weeks each module. God's willing March 24, 2013 is my last day of school. Can't wait. Good luck to u Crazy 33..
- 0Btw you guys on class rnsg 2535 can order now your name tags and patches for our clinical uniforms. By module 6 we need to submit a picture to lamar wearing our clinical uniforms. Yih huh...i'm sure ya'll are excited in this journey.good luck batch march 2013. Rn's to be. Get ready for the big hesi..i don't wanna think about it for now..
- 0FYI..TO WOM IT MAY CONCERN: ANY BODY IN CLASS rnsg 1423, 1260, 2514,N 2535. DR.JOHNSON IS CONDUCTING A REVIEW CLASS SPECIAL FOR LAMAR STUDENTS TRANSITION PROGRAM HESI/NCLEX SYLE OF QUESTIONS. STRATEGIES ON HOW TO PICK UP THE RIGHT ANSWER. I KNOW ALL OF US ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY PICKING THE RIGHT ANSWER ON OUR EXAMS PROCTORED BY PROCTOR U. IF YOU GUYS LEAVE CLOSE TO BAYTOWN TEXAS THAT WILL BE THE PLACE WHERE SHE WILL HOLD THE REVIEW. COURSE IS $ 150 FOR THE WHOLE DAY 8:30 - 5:00 PM SERVED WITH CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. THIS IS A GOOD DEAL FOR US. SO WHOEVER IS INTERESTED YOU CAN LOG IN TO HER WEBSITE NCLEXREVIEWCOURSE.COM/ AND REGISTER SO SHE CAN FIGURE OUT THE HOW MANY ARE COMING TO RESERVE THE PLACE IT WILL HELD AT LAQUINTA INN BAYTOWN, TX. ON SEPT.8, 2013. SEE YOU THERE..