Galen January 2013 LPN to RN role call...??
- 0Dec 20, '12 by shamrokksI just got accepted to Galen Tampa, FL for their evening/online LPN to RN bridge and I'm trying to see if anyone else is going to be starting then that is on this forum. It would be nice to get to know others who will be in the program with me. I'm excited!
- 10,149 Visits
- 0Jan 10, '13 by KathrynccHi, congrats on getting into the program! I'm looking into that program program and was wondering how you like it so far (I know it's still brand new) any info would be helpful. Like how much money you expect it to cost, how much time you spend at clinicals etc. Thanks and good luck!!
- 1Jan 10, '13 by shamrokksQuote from KathrynccI start on January 22nd so I don't know much yet. The price will depend on how many credits you transfer. If you are going to do this program I would suggest you don't get all of the pre-requisites that are required from other colleges done because Galen does require that a certain amount are taken in their program to graduate with the ADN. My orientation was last night and we covered alot. I still have to meet with financial aid. I will know an exact amount at that point. I've already told myself that I will pay up to $20,000 for it because this is the only program that works with my schedule and I do not want to wait. My GPA is also not very competitive so I may be waiting for nothing if I don't just do it now. Many who are going to school elsewhere will argue the price and various other factors. You have to do your own research and know your own reasons for your choices. For some reason other people cannot help but down you for choosing somewhere other than where they went to school. I've yet to figure this out.Hi, congrats on getting into the program! I'm looking into that program program and was wondering how you like it so far (I know it's still brand new) any info would be helpful. Like how much money you expect it to cost, how much time you spend at clinicals etc. Thanks and good luck!!
If you haven't already I would suggest going in and talking to the admissions rep at Galen. They are very helpful. I will only have to go on campus for any tests, labs, and clinicals. The hours can be anywhere Monday-Friday 5pm-10pm or Saturday 8-1. The Saturday hours may be extended as needed for clinical sites.
The students sell back a lot of their books back and there is a bulletin board up in the student lounge if anyone posts books for sale. That and Craigslist are good sources for getting your books cheaper. Any non nursing books it's good to rent but your nursing books I would purchase because you will be using those as resources often.
Let me know if you end up applying to Galen.
- 1Jan 21, '13 by shamrokksSo just an update in case anyone does ever get to this post in the future. I met with financial aid. My total loans for tuition purposes will be about $7000 and that is it. My grant will cover the rest. Far less than what I assumed I'd be taking out in loans. I will probably take out more in loans due to purchasing uniforms and books and to cushion living expenses. It will still be less than what I first thought. Like I said before this is with most of my general classes already finished. I will be taking psych, sociology and microbiology...the rest are nursing classes.
My first classes start tomorrow. I gained access to Angel today so I can see my courses and all information pertaining to them. I will be able to start working on assignments this evening after work.
I did have a glitch with my Galen portal and Angel. Since I applied to Galen before and turned down my spot I guess they gave me access then so it didn't show that they needed to give me this information this time around. I had to talk to a few people to get my portal access and then access to Angel.
I have both now and I still have one concern...there are 3 prior semesters showing in my Angel making it look like I did those classes. I have emailed a couple different staff from Galen to ask about this because it looks like those semesters are from another student. This current semester is all good to go though but I don't want it showing as my work for the other stuff.
- 0Jan 25, '13 by nnannabannannaQuote from shamrokksDid they call you when you were accepted? Send Email? Mail Letter? Thanks!I just got accepted to Galen Tampa, FL for their evening/online LPN to RN bridge and I'm trying to see if anyone else is going to be starting then that is on this forum. It would be nice to get to know others who will be in the program with me. I'm excited!
- 1Feb 28, '13 by shamrokksYes I got a check for my remaining financial aid amount. I will tell you that unless you take out loans you will not have an overage amount more than likely. I did take out loans so that is the only reason why I have extra. Also because I only have 6-12 credits per term. I love it so far. The online classes are easy. I am about halfway through my first term with Galen. Good luck!