Who attending Rockland Boces LPN program 2010?Register Today!
- by ArmstrongLPN Aug 4, '10Greetings Friends- I just wanted to know who my classmates at Rockland Boces will be in Sept 2010. I am very excited to start the program and I would like to make a few friends before we start.
Btw I am Greg and I will be attending the Full-time day program.
It would also be nice to hear from any current or past students with info about the program
- Meeeeeee, but you already knew that.
I got my books in the mail today.
- Oh cool! I just received mine yesterday. I thought I would have been the only one without the books...lol.
Omg... That Basic Nursing book is huge!
Are you going to go to that "pre-class" that they are offering?
- yeah the basic book is ridiculous, but I'm glad we only have 2 real text books.
I'm not going to take the class in August, I haven't taken a break from school and I think the class is just about like study habits and things like that so I don't really need it. Are you?
- Same here, I feel like the spring semester just ended yestesterday so I certainly will not be needing help getting back in the study mode...lol
- Were you at orientation? I wonder how many of those people were also full time..
- Yea I was there... I was one of the few that ran in a little late. I got lost...still learning Rockland County lol. When I walked in i was like whoa!!!! Totally wasn't expecting that many people!
- Yeah there were alot more people than I had expected, when I walked in they were doing 2 lines to hand in paperwork... one if you were full time, and one if you were part time. It seemed like there were alot of part time people but after a couple of minutes the lines just merged together and people were going to whichever one so I couldn't really tell. How long is your commute?
- Well im coming from Yonkers... close to the Scarsdale area I normally can get to the Tappan Zee in about 20 minutes and about 35 minutes total if theres no traffic on the bridge. But I am hoping I can continue to drive because I was borrowing my moms car. Im saving like a mad man for a car because If I take the bus that would make my commute way over 2 hours. and your commute?
- My commute is probably 20 minutes depending on the traffic on the Palisades Parkway, I'll be driving it during rush hour in the morning when school starts so maybe a half hour, who knows lol I have family all over Yonkers, thats where everyone in my family is from.