What kind of job is this?

  1. 1
    Hi everybody. I recieved a job offer a while back but I could not take it because I was already working full time hours and could not work as many hours as they needed in addition to my current position. Well now I would be able to accept a position like this but I have no idea what the job is called. They wanted me to go to different facilities throughout the week, going through patient charts. I don't remember what it was I would have been looking for in these charts but I do remember thinking this would have been a great opportunity for me as I enjoy the paperwork aspect of nursing. Is anyone familiar with a position like this?
    Last edit by Joe V on Sep 26, '12
    Joe V likes this.

    Get the hottest topics every week!

    Subscribe to our free Nursing Insights newsletter.

  2. 8 Comments...

  3. 0
    It maybe something like an auditor or something. I know they do that in my province ( I live in Ontario) and it has to do with funding for LTC facilites from the government.
  4. 0
    Loriangel 14 is correct. You would be an Auditor.
  5. 0
    I do believe that is it, just couldn't think if it. Thank you so much.
  6. 0
    Auditing charts. It is what I did on a travel assignment.
  7. 0
    probably for an insurance company.
  8. 0
    Thank you :-)
  9. 0
    MedAssurance is a big company that does that kind of work.
  10. 0
    It might also be called Utilization Review or Quality Assurance.

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.

A Big Thank You To Our Sponsors