Possible Move to Baton RougeRegister Today!
- by rescue911girlfl Sep 8, '09Hi... Possible move to Baton Rouge in the next 6-8 months. I will follow behind husband once I graduate from my RN (ADN) program. Currently licensed as LPN in Florida. Looking for information.
~need neighborhoods/areas to look for houses (nice area, mid 100's- 200k price range) with easy commute to LSU
~Hospitals/Facilities to apply to and those to avoide
~Any information on RN endorsement (the BON website is not user friendly at all)
~Any advice from seasoned RN's. I have been a LPN for 18 months, but have several years expericence as and EMT and veterinary technician (same meds, same treatments for people and pets)
Any help would be appreciated.
- Sep 13, '09 by nursemanit1. Rent first !!! for you price range you will need to commute to get to LSU (if it is under 175,000 and in baton rouge you do not want to live there)
2. The BON is slow drop off you stuff in person and let them know that you will be checking up!
- Sep 13, '09 by rescue911girlflRenting is not an option we have 5 dogs and 3 cats. Noone to leave them within florida.
- Sep 13, '09 by nursemanitdon't give up on renting just because of pets - a lot of houses will rent to someone with pets there are plenty of unsold houses that the owners need to rent and they are cheap. The real estate market is too strange here, you really should learn the town before you make a decision. I got screwed making a quick decision and have not gained a dime in equity in 5 years.