OLOL accelerated nursing program EJGHRegister Today!
- by allison504 Apr 1, '09Hi! Just wondering if anyone has applied to the accelerated nursing program at EJGH. Application deadline was March 15, and I am already anxious to receive a letter!! I know its going to be awhile, but was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes before getting a decision letter or interview letter... anything!
- Apr 4, '09 by noladancerI applied too and haven't received a letter yet but one of my classmates (in a pre-req class I'm taking) did, just the other day. The letter told her they had everything and that she'd met all the pre-requisites. From what I understand, then it will be June/July before we hear from them again, this time to request an interview (or not).
- Apr 5, '09 by kitti419I applied in Aug 08 & began taking my prerequisites. I have one more class for the Summer 09. I emailed XXX and she said she had everything she needed from me & notated my courses in progress. The wait is tough. They should give you an idea of where you stand in my opinion because this sort of program takes some planning. Personally, I have 2 children and don't want to be scrambling to make arrangements for them at the last minute. Also, OLOL doesn't require A&P 2 or Micro labs & the Chem & Micro prereqs are a little different than, say, Charity, so now I am starting to feel the anxiety of if I *don't* get in, what to do then? Has anyone else who applied for this program applied at any other schools? The accelerated part is attractive to me because I already have the bachelor's in Psych & am going broke in school LOL, but up until this week it hasn't even occurred to me that I might not get in. I hope this deluded self confidence doesn't screw me.Last edit by kitti419 on Apr 5, '09
- Apr 6, '09 by noladancerKitti419: Where did you get the idea that OLOL's Accelerate Program doesn't require A&P II? They most certainly do. The prereqs are listed on their website (http://www.ololcollege.edu/download/...%20Nursing.pdf)
Also, be aware that OLOL changed the admission requirements at the first of the year and for those entering the program AFTER the Fall '09 semester, the Sociology requirement has been dropped and they are adding a Microbiology Lab requirement. These changes are not reflected on their Website yet.
If you go on the Website for Delgado (Charity) (http://www.dcc.edu/campus/charity/ad...uirements.html) and LSU's accelerated program (http://nursing.lsuhsc.edu/AcademicPr...urriculum.html), you can figure out what else you need tp tale. I have a spreadsheet where I laid out what each school needed and what I've already taken, so that I didn't mess anything up by not taking the right courses for all the programs. In case I don't get into OLOL, I'm already signed up for a couple of classes at Delgao that will allow me to apply to LSU and Charity.
The next deadline for LSU's CARE program is 2/1/2010 for Fall '10 entrance. Delgado (Charity) requires that you have all your prereqs done before applying, including the TEAS Test (Test of Essential Academic Skills). I don't think they waive that test for those who already have a degree. Delgado's next application deadline is 1/31/2010 for Spring '11 entrance.
- Apr 6, '09 by beejayceenoladancer:
How solid is that information about the new Micro Lab requirement? Thanks.
- Apr 6, '09 by kitti419A&P II LAB is not req'd by OLOL but is so by Charity. I spoke to an OLOL admissions person this AM & she recommended Micro lab bc I said I was considering taking one. She said the committee has not yet met this for EJ but they were talking about a Micro lab requirement. I specifically asked about A&P II lab as well. I guess it couldn't hurt unless you made a poor grade.
- Apr 7, '09 by noladancerbeejaycee: Everytime I have spoken with OLOL about various matters, I've continued to ask about the Micro Lab requirement. They have been consistent in their replies -- it's now required but will be waived for those applying to the East Jefferson program that starts in the Fall. If you're thinking about applying to the West Jefferson program for a Jan. '10 start, probably better take it.
- Apr 14, '09 by allison504Ok, so I got anxious and called OLOL and asked when letters are usually sent it, and the reply I got was that they had yet to receive all the applications..... wasn't the deadline the 15 of march? How could they not have them all?? So confused but whatever. I guess we will just have to be patient.
- Apr 14, '09 by kitti419did you specify which program you were calling about? West Jeff is Aug 15 but BR & EJ is 3/15...
- Apr 14, '09 by allison504Absolutely did specify. Not sure what that was all about but maybe she just didnt wanna answer my question!