OLOL Accelerated BR campus - Page 2Register Today!
- May 10, '10 by chiromom3I also have applied for the fall 2010 program at EJGH. I spoke to admissions last week and was told that the panel at EJ were still reviewing applications. They had no further information to share with me.
I also need to fulfill the 3 hrs of religion, but was honestly holding out to find out if I will need it by September or January 2011. I am looking into online options to free up my time so I can work until school starts...whenever that ultimately happens!
Frustrated in Metairie!!!
- May 16, '10 by pinkpokadotsmyra985 and chiromom3,
I got my letter from EJGH on May 15! The postmark said that they sent it out on May 14th! I hope that you both receive good news!
- May 16, '10 by myra985I did not get accepted. I recevied the letter on Sat. Post marked the 14th. They did not even have time to see my spring sememter transcripts. Said if I had questions about their decision or if I am interested in reapplying call them. So, it definitely was not based on grades. Because I had 4 A's this sememter and excellent reference letters. So I am going to call them tomorrow and see what if anything they tell me.
- May 16, '10 by pinkpokadotsmyra985, don't be discouraged! You are obviously an intelligent student since you made 4 A's this semester. Just keep applying and I know you'll get in! I think that it's a good idea that you're going to call them to see what happened. If you can, try to go and talk to an advisor face-to-face. That will ensure that you will get all of your questions answered. It will also ensure that you wont get transferred all over the place to only get an answering machine.
I had a classmate from OLOL who did not get accepted into one of the accelerated programs who had a 3.6+ GPA. I also know another student who got accepted with a 3.0+ GPA. I'm not sure what the admissions committee looks at when making their decision. I would just suggest that you dedicate a lot of your time into your essay since that is the first and only impression that they have of you, and it's what sets you a part from other students.
Don't forget that if you want to apply to the accelerated ASN program in New Orleans, and that deadline is January 15th! Best of luck!
- May 17, '10 by myra985Thank you for your kindness and advice, I won't give up. Best of luck to you.
- Aug 24, '11 by godlovesRNsHello, I've been reading several different forums looking for any information I can get on the program. I am starting the BR accelerated program this fall. Anyone out there willing to share their experiences?