Lady of the Lake Accelerated ASN - page 3
by lagrl1974 53,512 Views | 617 Comments
Hi. I am very interested in the accelerated ASN program at Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge. Can anyone give me any information on this program? I've seen the information that is available online. However, I am looking for... Read More
- 0Aug 29, '10 by metabolicfrolicQuote from nolamommyCan anyone speak to this? I have applied to both the BR General School of Nursing and OLOL's accelerated program, and the General requires the TEAS-V as part of the application process. Does OLOL have you take it after you've been accepted?I was told that I don't need to take the TEAS until I am accepted, is this correct??
- 1Aug 29, '10 by CathyMcDThe accelerated at OLOL does not require TEAS as part of the application process although they do for their regular ADN program. I kept getting notices from them about not having my TEAS scores and after multiple conversations they finally got it that I was only applying for the accelerated and they assured me TEAS scores are not required for the application but if accepted we will have to take it to give them a better idea of our level of knowledge. I have not heard any more from them so assume my application for accelerated is in process of review. Sure hope they don't take forever letting us know something. Hope this helps.
- 0Sep 12, '10 by ail24Hi, Im new to the nursing scene, I am now a CNA and will be graduating in the Spring of 2011 w/ a bachelor's in business. I am considering the ASN program at OLOL (new orleans) and Delgado, with these horror stories I just trhrew out that Accelerated program, I have no kids but I work 2 jobs and I cannot just stop working. Can somebody tell me a little bit about the delgado ASN program, will I be an RN before or after the program at charity? at OLOL, for the 2 yr program, what are the classe schedules like? will I be able to work? how much wok could I possibly fit in?....I seriously need some advice
- 0Oct 16, '10 by curiousKayPeeHello everyone, I really hope we can keep these posts or threads up. I'm interested in beginning OLOL accelerated RN prog September 2011. Like many here, I have questions also, some has been answered from reading this, but still have more. I understand it will difficult, I'm willing to sacrafice for 10 months, is it possible to work during this program, like maybe picking up some PRN shifts here and there? I also saw mention of the signing a contract with a hospital and they pay for your tuition, do most students do it that way or can you be on a payment plan? When you graduate will have an associate or a BSN, I saw on the site their changing to the BSN program?
- 0Oct 25, '10 by CathyMcDI spoke with OLOL today and they said the applications have been forwarded to Tulane but no decisions on applicants has been made so far - they could not give me any idea of when we might hear. Makes it hard to make plans to move to N.O. and get ready if we get told last minute!!