Lady of the Lake Accelerated ASN - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 29, '10 by metabolicfrolicQuote from nolamommyCan anyone speak to this? I have applied to both the BR General School of Nursing and OLOL's accelerated program, and the General requires the TEAS-V as part of the application process. Does OLOL have you take it after you've been accepted?I was told that I don't need to take the TEAS until I am accepted, is this correct??
- Aug 29, '10 by CathyMcDThe accelerated at OLOL does not require TEAS as part of the application process although they do for their regular ADN program. I kept getting notices from them about not having my TEAS scores and after multiple conversations they finally got it that I was only applying for the accelerated and they assured me TEAS scores are not required for the application but if accepted we will have to take it to give them a better idea of our level of knowledge. I have not heard any more from them so assume my application for accelerated is in process of review. Sure hope they don't take forever letting us know something. Hope this helps.
- Sep 12, '10 by ail24Hi, Im new to the nursing scene, I am now a CNA and will be graduating in the Spring of 2011 w/ a bachelor's in business. I am considering the ASN program at OLOL (new orleans) and Delgado, with these horror stories I just trhrew out that Accelerated program, I have no kids but I work 2 jobs and I cannot just stop working. Can somebody tell me a little bit about the delgado ASN program, will I be an RN before or after the program at charity? at OLOL, for the 2 yr program, what are the classe schedules like? will I be able to work? how much wok could I possibly fit in?....I seriously need some advice
- Sep 29, '10 by MatthewDuhonFor anyone who has already completed this program. Do you have weekend clinicals for the Mental Health class?
- Oct 16, '10 by curiousKayPeeHello everyone, I really hope we can keep these posts or threads up. I'm interested in beginning OLOL accelerated RN prog September 2011. Like many here, I have questions also, some has been answered from reading this, but still have more. I understand it will difficult, I'm willing to sacrafice for 10 months, is it possible to work during this program, like maybe picking up some PRN shifts here and there? I also saw mention of the signing a contract with a hospital and they pay for your tuition, do most students do it that way or can you be on a payment plan? When you graduate will have an associate or a BSN, I saw on the site their changing to the BSN program?
- Oct 25, '10 by IwannaBeNPHey,
For those who have applied for the Spring 2011 Accelerated program for Tulane (N.O) location: Have you recieved anything yet? Do you know anything? Thanks!
- Oct 25, '10 by CathyMcDI spoke with OLOL today and they said the applications have been forwarded to Tulane but no decisions on applicants has been made so far - they could not give me any idea of when we might hear. Makes it hard to make plans to move to N.O. and get ready if we get told last minute!!
- Oct 25, '10 by curiousKayPeeI hope you hear something soon, when you do, can you come back on here periodically and let us know how its going and what to expect?
- Oct 25, '10 by CathyMcDSure thing if I ever hear anything - it does not bode well that it is taking them this long to decide since we turned in our applications over 2 months ago. But I am still hoping I made it and can pull this off.
- Oct 25, '10 by AliB1205I just received my acceptance today for the OLOL A ASN program at Tulane with a Jan. 15 start date. You all should be hearing in the next couple of days, I would imagine.