Just want to vent about SELU SON program - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 20, '08 by sirIplease do not post names of instructors/profs. per tos:
. while it is important to be able to network, everyone should be mindful of the following:
- it is a small world - when we narrow it down to a state and throw in some personal info, there is actually a pretty good chance someone may recognize you if you are not careful. your privacy is paramount to us.
- while allnurses.com is a wonderful place to vent (without excess personally identifiable details) it is not the place to express why ("x" specific person, place or program) is terrible. gripe away, but since we cannot permit allegations to be made about named entities, your care in not naming them is very much appreciated.
- please do not give out personal information about others. do not name names where anyone could identify the person in any facility including your nursing programs.
- Jul 20, '08 by GottagoYou are correct. I should have been more discreet. Thanks for the edit.
- Jul 20, '08 by 2benurse2008Sorry, I will be more mind full in the future. Thanks
- Jul 24, '08 by StudentNursePedritoDolores, hey it was good seeing you at the amereview nclex session today..thanks for all the encouragement with the appeal coming up for me..I am not as nervous and freaked out about as I was earlier when I did have to do the appeal and I have alot of factors going in my favor..so even though I may not graduate this coming december with yall I won't be that behind from you guys as nurses..hope you can make the other sessions about critical thinking from our presenter earlier from that awesome filipino guy!! after you had left we talked forever about our families and where we used to live back home in the philippines..so I will be definately going to him for more advice about nclex and nursing test in general blahhh!!! well keep in touch!!!
- Dec 25, '08 by StudentNursePedritoWell being that a few friends of mine graduated this past december 13th with there BSN in hand, I had to appeal the nursing committee decision and I have been out of nursing school for an entire semester just waiting to be able to continue at SELU. Well in the meantime I have found an articualation program from Louisiana Technical College in hammond that will allow Senior RN students from SELU to complete there LPN program in 9 weeks. I was wondering has anyone applied for this WIA program that a few friends of mine have applied for?? Its the Workforce Investment Act basically set up for technical education and they pay for supplies, tution and books and what not. Has anyone heard about this. I am just writing this blog on Christmas just to be thankful that with all the sweat and tears that have came with enduring nursing school at SLU, I have a second option to complete my LPN and continue to get my BSN from SLU in the next year. And also what is keeping me going to complete my nursing education is that I have a little boy coming this may! I found out last week and its just going to make me ten times harder to complete my LPN licenses and the BSN program. Thanks for reading this blog, its just a wishful thinking blog and comment if you'd like. God bless.
- Dec 28, '08 by 2benurse2008Congratulation on the up coming birth of your new son. What a nice christmas gift. I am glad to hear you will be able to get a degree in nursing. I know it will be a long road but one worth traveling. As far as WIA I received funds for nursing school, you can go to your local unemployment office or like they say the employment office. what I understand the funds are for any nursing program. I am glad to hear from you and good luck with nursing school. If I can help with any just let me know.
- Dec 30, '08 by StudentNursePedritoThank you for the words of encouragement. Yeah I am totally excited and yet scared at the same moment of my little boy coming my way in May, but future fianace to be and I are totally excited. She is about 21 weeks now, and thank goodness I have some OB knowledge behind me to know what to expect possibly. But in all honesty, I have been trying to get in touch with the Head of Nursing LPN there in Hammond for the articulation program. I just know that with this email that was sent by one of our instructors, that they are atleast attempting to be encouraging to become a nurse, even though it'll be an LPN for a moment. But they have the WIA office there in Hammond, in which I will plan to drive there next week to fill out some forms and talk to the director with the LPN program. But I hope all is well for you! Have you taken your NCLEX??? If I have any questions about WIA I will be in contact with you. Thanks again.
God Bless, Pete