Delgado nursing grads & current students
- 1Jul 19, '12 by makingithappen3Any advice for a student just starting the Delgado nursing experience? So, far I am not having any issues except for the fact that it seems there is never anyone to answer the phone @CP to answer your questions....frustrating!
- 1Jul 21, '12 by makingithappen3I am actually finishing up on prereqs. Only 2 semesters left before I will be applying to Charity. Taking me longer than I imagined, because my prereqs have prereqs....
About how long did it take you to finish your prereqs? Did everything go smoothly when you applied to CSON?
- 0Jul 21, '12 by BundokSaint, ADN, CNA, RNYour best bet is probably to go to Charity in person and talk to someone face to face if you want your questions answered. Hard to avoid/say no to someone when they're standing right in front of you.
What pre-reqs do you have left? If you are within 2 semesters/a year of completing them, start applying to Charity now. You know you have to apply a year in advance of starting, right? That way, if you're accepted, you can time it where you'll be starting CSON right after finishing up your last semester of pre-reqs.
- 1Jul 21, '12 by makingithappen3I am pretty new to Delgado from Nicholls State, so I had alot of useless gen.ed credits that 4 year universities make you take. Because their prereqs were so different than DCC's I am starting the bio prereq to A&P since I had no science classes yet. I already have my English and College Algebra done so I believe that is all I need to apply, right?
I wasn't aware that I had to apply 1 year before..so thanks for informing me! I need all the advice I can get!Nicholls was pretty competitive as far as getting into the nursing program; they wanted the best gpa's. I had a friend who did bad in a mathclass, and by bad, I mean a C, and she was not accepted due to her grades....As I was trying to get info on the nursing program from a coworker who's friend graduated from CSON, she stated that this woman had 3 failed classes from Southeastern (the school she transferred from) and was still accepted into CSON because all of her grades from classes she took at Delgado must have been really good...
- 1Jul 22, '12 by shawn39It took me four semesters to finish my pre reqs. I worked a full time job and only took 2 or 3 classes a semester. I have been blessed. Everything went very smooth, I got accepted the first time I applied. It is very hard to get someone on the phone at Charity. I agree BUNDOKSAINT the best thing to do is to go in person. I applied for November 2011 cutoff and got my response in April 2012.
- 0Jul 22, '12 by shawn39Yes you apply after you take A&P. Which is good because there is a A&P section on the HESI.Which Delgado location are you attending? I attended Westbank. If you go on the Delgado website and click on CSON location there is all the information you need to decide when you will apply. Charity admits twice a year. I'm not sure but I think the cutoffs are in May and November. So start planning when you will take your HESI. Give yourself some time to take it again, just in case you dont get the score you want the first time. I'm sure you will do fine. Good luck!!!!! if you need any help dont hesitate to send a PM.
- 0Jul 22, '12 by makingithappen3I will definitely start planning for taking the HESI after A&P. I'm going to print the "scoring sheet to zee where I stand, so I can have my things together. I attend City Park...and by the way, thanks for all the info, I certainly appreciate it. It's good to speak to someone who has been through it. And good luck to you!!!
- 1Jul 23, '12 by makingithappen3shawn39, I couldn't send you a PM because I'm such a new member to allnurses.com. I did want to ask you about the "scoring system" on the Academic Assessment Form I found on the CSON website. I will be studying my heart out to get the best grades I possibly can, but I do have 2 not-so-great grades (D,F) from when I first attended college when I was 18, that are less than the 5 years old (I believe anything older than 5 years, they will not count?) in History and a pre-algebra course.
There is a spot for CSN Academic History; does this include all required prerequisites? Or all the classes I have taken thus far?
This is just consuming me lol....