Any LPNs?Register Today!
- by kograd2010 Aug 4, '09Hello everyone I will graduate as an LPN in May 2010, and I was wondering if there are many LPNs in this group. I would love to gain some knowledge from my experienced LPNs. Thanks for your time.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=413129©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,101 Views
- Aug 11, '09 by ejm8984I am a LPN student planning to graduate in May 2010 as well...What are your plans afterwards?
- Aug 11, '09 by TheCommuter
- Oct 8, '09 by Hopefull nurseHey,
I am going to apply to the Charity LPN program next May. I am hoping you guys can give me so insight as to what to expect in school. The classes are held in Metairie is that correct?
Also, how much do LPN's get paid here in New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner area?
- Nov 14, '09 by kajunnurseI have been an LPN for four years. I am currently an ADON at a LTC facility. I started off working as a floor nurse at a LTAC. I have doubled my salary in just four years. You can really do a lot as a LPN. Just remember to always do your best, be on time, be willing to ask questions, always wear the proper scrubs, wear your name tag, remember to always do things the right way(don't take short cuts no matter what your coworkers may tell you), and treat your patients as you would treat your own children. The most important advice I can give you is do not be contentious and do not complain. It may seem petty but believe me your superiors are watching you at all times and those little things matter. So when a position comes open such as a MDS nurse, treatment nurse, ADON etc you will very possibly be considered. Remember you never stop learning and you never get to a point where you feel as tough you know everything there is to know about nursing. Be confident and the only thing that you can control is how you act, the things you say and do, and how you treat others. It hard not to get caught up in the day-to-day drama of your co-workers. By all means do not be a loner just learn to stay away from drama.Please let me know if you have any questions.Good luck.