medical standards of practiceRegister Today!
- by PattyC Jan 7, '09Hello - I am looking for a resource for medical standards of practice - either book or online format. I received an advertisement for a text, but cannot find it. Any ideas for a quick reference guide when working cases? Thanks in advance!
- Jan 7, '09 by PattyCThanks so much!
- May 7, '09 by ERAnitaI just looked at that "Uptodate.com" website. A one-year subscription if $495, 2-year $790. OUCH! Is there anywhere else the SOC can be found? JCAHO website? State Boards of Nursing website?
- May 10, '09 by Ginger's MomEvery hospital I am in contact have it on their intranet. Also try a medical library.
You can also go to each of the Organizations ( American College of Cardiologists) or go to CMS for their standards. National Safety Forum,
Laywers use Lexis/Nexis which is very expensive, they should pay for your tools for the cases you review.
- May 11, '09 by ERAnitaThank you for your response. I'll look into it and see what I can get to get started. Thanks again!