Thinking of moving from Ohio to Pulaski Co...Register Today!
- by newtelenurse Apr 16, '06Hi,
Been thinking of relocating. My Dad has a vacation place in Bronston. Everytime we visit I get the "fever" to move there. It is so beautiful. I am an RN with 1 year exp. in tele in a small rural hospital. Any ideas for me to check into?? I would really like to talk with those here who will give me the true scoop, not someone in HR who will tell me whatever they think I want to hear. I have 2 kiddos who will be coming with me so I am nervous to make a move. I'd like to know about school systems as well if you could. Any prospects for job shadowing?? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice or tips.
- 1,010 Views
- May 8, '06 by kytravelrnI live in Somerset and have for 25 years. I am currently a travel RN in California. This is because nursing in Pulaski, and surrounding counties, SUCKS!!:angryfire The pay is horrible and the working conditions are horrible. You are treated as if you have no rights and are a second class citizen. Lake Cumberland Hosp. in Somerset is only interest in money (theirs, not yours) and short staffs on purpose. Don't move there unless you are retired!!!!:selfbonk: :selfbonk: :selfbonk: :selfbonk: :selfbonk: :selfbonk: :selfbonk:
- May 9, '06 by natron20Geez, I live just north of Pulaski County in a town called Danville. I'm not a nurse (applying to programs as of now but I do work in the healthcare industry) but I've never heard of anyone having this bad of an outlook. You may want to check out Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center in Danville. Just another option I wanted to suggest if you don't mind living close to Pulaski County instead of in it.
- May 12, '06 by 1OldDinosaurRNQuote from newtelenursehi,
been thinking of relocating. my dad has a vacation place in bronston. everytime we visit i get the "fever" to move there. it is so beautiful. i am an rn with 1 year exp. in tele in a small rural hospital. any ideas for me to check into?? i would really like to talk with those here who will give me the true scoop, not someone in hr who will tell me whatever they think i want to hear. i have 2 kiddos who will be coming with me so i am nervous to make a move. i'd like to know about school systems as well if you could. any prospects for job shadowing?? thanks in advance for any helpful advice or tips.
ditto on the advice about emrmc in danville. you can also check out their affiliate hospital 10 minutes from them in stanford, ky. it is a small rural hospital. med/surg, ob, or, er are the areas available to work. school systems in both are pretty good, (esp. lincoln middle, go lcms!!), my husband is in education, so i do hear that. hope you do decide to move into the area, i agree it is beautiful down here, esp now with everything so green. and fall is soooo gorgeous. log on to www.emrmc.org for more info. hope to be able to welcome you here. good luck with the job hunt.
- May 28, '06 by newtelenurseThanks for the info. I will check into it! Have a great Memorial Day!