Anyone going to WKCTCS and could give me a heads up??I need help! - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 8, '09 by TNMommyI got in also! But, I think that I am going to go to Columbia State CC in Franklin, TN. I just checked the class schedule for both schools and WKU has you going 4 days. That is alot of driving for me. I was all about going if it was the only school I got into. The cost is also way up there. For tuition alone, it would cost $17,520 for all four semesters at WKU versus $5000 for Columbia State. From the looks of the schedule, I would have no down time to study and have time with my family. At least at Columbia State, I would have Mondays and Tuesdays to study more and spend time with my family. My only concern is if I am passing up a great program versus a mediocure one. Have you heard if WKU's program is one of the best?
Anyway, good luck and I hope you have a wonderful time.
- Apr 9, '09 by cjw2006Congratulations on which ever program you choose. I guess it kind of depends on what you are comparing it to. Their pass rates are about the same when it comes to their boards. That is really the only thing I know to compare. Personally, I have heard good and bad things about different nursing schools in Kentucky~the only one I personally have experience with is Spencerian (which is a horrible school!). All I know is that you have to do what best for you. Statistically~there isn't much of a difference. And, nursing school is demanding enough, so eliminate as many stressers as you can, if you can. Money, location, and drive time are all important factors to consider~especially if you have a family!
- Apr 9, '09 by TNMommyThanks, I have made up my mind to go to Columbia State. I know that it is a good program, and hospitals are not going to care what program you went to, just if you pass the boards. So, with having a family and all, Columbia State is my better choice. But, I hope that you have a great time at Western and let me know how things are going for you!
- Apr 9, '09 by cjw2006I will be sure to post. Good luck to you as well!
- Apr 15, '09 by cjw2006mimib,
How are you liking it at WKCTC? I chose to go there this fall. Are the instructors helpful? How did you like Fundamentals and Mental Health? Any information you could provide, I would greatly appreciate.