RN Pay Wichita / HutchRegister Today!
- by Happeetxn May 10, '06Howdy All,
My wife and I are wanting to move up to Kansas after school so I am would appreciate a general idea of what RN's with a year of experince (ICU)are making in Wichita or Hutch.
- May 11, '06 by RoxanRN2003Base pay in Wichita is $16 or $17. It's changed so much in the last few years I don't remember. Also, I don't think any facility pays an ICU diff.
- Jun 27, '06 by eddyYikes! That sounds pretty low to me.
- Jun 29, '06 by RoxanRN2003I know base wages are being adjusted again. And, yes, base is low. KS is one of the lowest paid states in the country.
- Jul 5, '06 by eddyWow. Agency work is almost double that out there. Crazy.
- Jul 13, '06 by jzprpleSo how much experience do you need to do agency work? And does anyone know pay rates for travel RN's?
- Jul 15, '06 by eddyQuote from jzprpleMinimum of 1 year. Travel rates vary quite a bit depending on where you want to go, the kind of housing you are looking for, etc. It's been a while since I've done a travel assignment as I usually do local contracts these days, but I enjoyed it for the several years I did. Agency rates I spoke of were for per diem work. Best of luck!So how much experience do you need to do agency work? And does anyone know pay rates for travel RN's?
- Jul 20, '06 by RNERHOUSESUPORMight check out a little north and west. Pay seems better out there, but I don't do ICU. There may be openings.
- Dec 12, '06 by kidneynurseI am thinking about moving back to Kansas next year. Can anyone give me an idea of the salary range for chronic dialysis nurse. Have 16 years experience.
- Jan 11, '07 by oktravelnurseCan anyone tell me anything about the hospital in Hutchinson? I've been approached about taking an assignment there. Was wondering what the nurse/pt ratios were or any info about working conditions.