nmc sub part 1 or 2?

  1. Hi,

    Can someone please explain which part of the list I should be on? I have a Dip HE in Nursing. Is that level 1 and a degree is level 2?
  2. Visit bb54 profile page

    About bb54

    Joined: Apr '11; Posts: 3


  3. by   XB9S
    No you will be registered as RN and your area of practice (adult, child, mental health etc)

    Level 2 used to be the old enrolled nurse part of the register but I think we are all classed as registered nurses now.
  4. by   bb54
    Thanks for responding so quickly XB9S I'm still confused however (it doesn't take much... ). I'm applying for an NHS job online and under "Professional body and membership" the menu options include e.g. NMC sub part 1 Adult, and also NMC sub part 2 Adult. Unfortunately at the moment the NMC website is down, so I can't check with them. From what you've siad though, maybe I should go for level 1.
  5. by   XB9S
    Sub part 2 adult will be the enrolled nurse. You are a RN sub part 1
  6. by   bb54
    Many thanks again
  7. by   littlepixie

    this will tell what part you are on